Robert Madley 3-0 Newcastle - 25/10/15 - Post match reaction from Half Time

Mike

Guest palnese

Look at how Charnley went on with Carver and it's easy to assume he's a massive, speccy, yellow bastard.

:lol:

Racism ffs :lol: what a time to be alive.

Poor game.

We have it under control with more possession and more chances but we can't allow that Sunderland creates opportunities like we did.

We should have stopped their counter-attack, however its true that Coloccini shouldn't see red card. Ridicoulous decision and that affect our game.

McClaren is safe whilst Charnley is here.  This club tends to delay important decisions until they have no choice but to act.  Charnley will stick to the old mantra of stability, not panicking etc but I think he is too cowardly to make a decision and to admit he has made a mistake. 

However if results don't improve, I would expect Ashley to get involved and I wouldn't be surprised to see Charnley lose his job at that point,  After all, Ashley has made it clear that the managerial appointment was nothing to do with him.

Obviously the worry would then be the replacements because Ashley has shown himself to be clueless in that area and no doubt will be looking to see which of his mates needs a job rather than the best man for the job.

Whoever made the decision to spunk over £10m on Thauvin when there were other areas in the squad that desperately needed attention should be held accountable.  Baffling decision - same as the signing of Darlow and Lascelles 2 seasons ago when we were f***ing desperate for a forward.  I didn't want McClaren and I'm yet to be convinced by him, but I suspect he has minimal input on signings, board member or not.  Sacking him wouldn't change the fact that we have a huge hole in our squad at centre half and central midfield. 

I am not saying he should be sacked but that whilst Charnley is running the show, his job is safe.

Well, that's not really the point. The teams around us have seen they're in trouble and have done something to remedy it. We won't. We'll just keep slipping.

By that logic, you would be happy to see us sack McClaren and appoint Curbishly to be seen as "doing something"?

Happy? We're discussing the prospect of us going down or staying up, there's not a single hint of 'happy'.

Would Curbishley keep us up? No, he wouldn't. Allardyce will keep them up. Silly example.

Allardyce isn't keeping them up like. They're toilet, as the first 45 showed.

Allardyce teams generally are toilet. They also score enough goals and see out enough games to get just enough points on the board.

The problem we face when discussing managerial change is that NUFC is NOT run like any other PL club and because of the ludicrous way the people at the top make an attempt to run things we are unlikely ever to attract a really decent manager under this regime, so its a waste of time trying to replace McClaren ; he is probably as good as we'd get under Ashley so no point in talking about sacking him. Who on earth would want to have Charnley deciding which players he can have if he has a proven record as a top manager ??

That doesn't mean I think he's the right manager for an NUFC run as it should be but we are where we are and stuck with it for now - only a bottom place at the end of December is likely to force Ashley into either buying some top defenders and a striker, or replacing McClaren if he thinks he can get a similar stooge.

If Ashley has to shitcan McClaren and spend 50m on replacements then Charnley won't survive imo.

The only saving grace is that 3 of the 4 signings look good players, who surely only a complete idiot couldn't use.