Robert Madley 3-0 Newcastle - 25/10/15 - Post match reaction from Half Time

Mike

Well, that's not really the point. The teams around us have seen they're in trouble and have done something to remedy it. We won't. We'll just keep slipping.

By that logic, you would be happy to see us sack McClaren and appoint Curbishly to be seen as "doing something"?

It was never a penalty, but we still had enough chances to win the game, we did not take them, so we cannot complain too much .  The second goal was joke defending again. Keep giving away cheap goals you will not win too many games even against the Shit teams like Sunderland. Until this problem is solved nothing will change.

Well, that's not really the point. The teams around us have seen they're in trouble and have done something to remedy it. We won't. We'll just keep slipping.

By that logic, you would be happy to see us sack McClaren and appoint Curbishly to be seen as "doing something"?

Happy? We're discussing the prospect of us going down or staying up, there's not a single hint of 'happy'.

Would Curbishley keep us up? No, he wouldn't. Allardyce will keep them up. Silly example.

Happy? We're discussing the prospect of us going down or staying up, there's not a single hint of 'happy'.

Would Curbishley keep us up? No, he wouldn't. Allardyce will keep them up. Silly example.

Fine. Sack SMC for Di Canio? Poyet? Advocaat?

Actually, if you look at his record, Curbishley has been pretty good at keeping teams up. Including West Ham from what looked like an impossible position.

Well you're even thicker than I thought. Congrats. Enjoy your morning.

Well you're even thicker than I thought. Congrats. Enjoy your morning.

:lol: You know exactly the point I'm getting at. If we sack McClaren to get another vanilla manager of the same ilk, then it would be much of a muchness. The "Ronaldo brand" and insults don't get to me, as I've been here far too long to bite. So you can save it next time or just not bother replying seeing as having a genuine debate isn't your forte.

just seen the penalty incident again - Its not a penalty.

Maybe Elliot could have come out faster...but without Colos challenge - Elliot would still get there first!

poor ref - who changed the game.

I do not believe we will go down. I have seen some good football from our players this season. Its a huge step forward from the last couple of seasons. There is still a lot of things to improve and we need to buy quality in january. 2-3 good players and we should be fine. DC and CM postions we need pure quality.

If we can get some points stay above relegation zone im sure good players will buy into our project. Not much is needed to turn this around.

just seen the penalty incident again - Its not a penalty.

Maybe Elliot could have come out faster...but without Colos challenge - Elliot would still get there first!

poor ref - who changed the game.

I do not believe we will go down. I have seen some good football from our players this season. Its a huge step forward from the last couple of seasons. There is still a lot of things to improve and we need to buy quality in january. 2-3 good players and we should be fine. DC and CM postions we need pure quality.

If we can get some points stay above relegation zone im sure good players will buy into our project. Not much is needed to turn this around.

This is the key for me. get the quality in these potions we be fine. If we do not then we  may go down.

Good point, we were even helped out by their injuries and still got stuffed.

I'd say the injuries helped them more than us. Toivanen was nondescript before leaving and O'Shea for Coates isn't a step down imo either. Defoe certainly gave us more problems than Toivanen.

Allardyce isn't keeping them up like. They're toilet, as the first 45 showed.

Good point, we were even helped out by their injuries and still got stuffed.

I'd say the injuries helped them more than us. Toivanen was nondescript before leaving and O'Shea for Coates isn't a step down imo either. Defoe certainly gave us more problems than Toivanen.

Yes, exactly what I thought at the time. That it was typical of Allardyce to pick the donkeys and then be forced by injury into a better team. Toivonen seemed completely lost out of position and his injury meant switching to two up top for them, which was not a good thing at all, especially with Defoe being the one to come in.

Likewise when I first saw Kaboul-O'Shea as the starting pair, I was very happy with that. They were better off with Coates.

The problem we face when discussing managerial change is that NUFC is NOT run like any other PL club and because of the ludicrous way the people at the top make an attempt to run things we are unlikely ever to attract a really decent manager under this regime, so its a waste of time trying to replace McClaren ; he is probably as good as we'd get under Ashley so no point in talking about sacking him. Who on earth would want to have Charnley deciding which players he can have if he has a proven record as a top manager ??

That doesn't mean I think he's the right manager for an NUFC run as it should be but we are where we are and stuck with it for now - only a bottom place at the end of December is likely to force Ashley into either buying some top defenders and a striker, or replacing McClaren if he thinks he can get a similar stooge.

The problem we face when discussing managerial change is that NUFC is NOT run like any other PL club and because of the ludicrous way the people at the top make an attempt to run things we are unlikely ever to attract a really decent manager under this regime, so its a waste of time trying to replace McClaren ; he is probably as good as we'd get under Ashley so no point in talking about sacking him. Who on earth would want to have Charnley deciding which players he can have if he has a proven record as a top manager ??

That doesn't mean I think he's the right manager for an NUFC run as it should be but we are where we are and stuck with it for now - only a bottom place at the end of December is likely to force Ashley into either buying some top defenders and a striker, or replacing McClaren if he thinks he can get a similar stooge.

If Ashley has to shitcan McClaren and spend 50m on replacements then Charnley won't survive imo.

i also think McClaren is as good as it gets atm. Actually i like him - given time and players he can do a ok job here.

What we should hope for is getting enough points to stay above relegation zone and not have lost touch with midtable come january.

Hopefully Mike will sweat and spend money on reinforcements and players and McClaren knows each other better, which could see us having a good second half to the season..... :undecided:

McClaren is safe whilst Charnley is here.  This club tends to delay important decisions until they have no choice but to act.  Charnley will stick to the old mantra of stability, not panicking etc but I think he is too cowardly to make a decision and to admit he has made a mistake. 

However if results don't improve, I would expect Ashley to get involved and I wouldn't be surprised to see Charnley lose his job at that point,  After all, Ashley has made it clear that the managerial appointment was nothing to do with him.

Obviously the worry would then be the replacements because Ashley has shown himself to be clueless in that area and no doubt will be looking to see which of his mates needs a job rather than the best man for the job.

McClaren is safe whilst Charnley is here.  This club tends to delay important decisions until they have no choice but to act.  Charnley will stick to the old mantra of stability, not panicking etc but I think he is too cowardly to make a decision and to admit he has made a mistake. 

However if results don't improve, I would expect Ashley to get involved and I wouldn't be surprised to see Charnley lose his job at that point,  After all, Ashley has made it clear that the managerial appointment was nothing to do with him.

Obviously the worry would then be the replacements because Ashley has shown himself to be clueless in that area and no doubt will be looking to see which of his mates needs a job rather than the best man for the job.

Whoever made the decision to spunk over £10m on Thauvin when there were other areas in the squad that desperately needed attention should be held accountable.  Baffling decision - same as the signing of Darlow and Lascelles 2 seasons ago when we were fucking desperate for a forward.  I didn't want McClaren and I'm yet to be convinced by him, but I suspect he has minimal input on signings, board member or not.  Sacking him wouldn't change the fact that we have a huge hole in our squad at centre half and central midfield. 

I think they where successful in kicking Ayoze out the game. Ayoze needs to be more resilient but against any other team the  3rd foul against him in the first half the player should get booked.

Ayoze was resilient, he kept getting back up after being hacked down. You can be the best player in the world but if the ref is going to allow the opposition to kick you out of the game then it's harder to make an impact.

After the 3rd or 4th foul his game went missing imo.