Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Newcastle United - 13/12/15 - Post-match reaction from p28

Greg

Thought we were doing okay in not giving them clear openings but they got a corner and Colo decided to play statues again. They're first to every second ball, but they've not done very much to hurt us.

Our pass completion 61%. Lowest in the league for four years. Hoof! Hoof!

Need to take off Colback before he gets a red. May as well do it now, move someone back and put on Thauvin. Mitrovic on too, shake things up a bit.

I'd stick Mbabu in for the Ginger nothingness.

Mitro for Cisse and Perez for Sissoko later on.

Guest reefatoon

Absolutely detest our central midfield. Offer nothing and are all atrocious. How did we end up in a position of not having at least 1 half decent midfielder? Round them all up and send them off to the glue factory.

Absolutely detest our central midfield. Offer nothing and are all atrocious. How did we end up in a position of not having at least 1 half decent midfielder? Round them all up and send them off to the glue factory.

Yep - 1st area I'd address in January.

If you want to play at a stroll in this league you need a Berbatov's sangfroid, first touch and speed of thought. De Jong is just too slow in every sense to make any impact. Maybe in a team of runners or with more space he would be a threat but I don't think he's cut out for this league.

Dunno, De Jong's won the ball a couple of times and nearly scored, don't think he's been any worse than anyone else.

Perez has done far more than him this season already and should never have been dropped. Not for someone slower and less skillful than him to boot.