Newcastle United - Jan '14 to Dec '15

Wullie

On 1st January 2014, we played West Brom at the Hawthorns and lost 1-0, fast forward to the last game of 2015 and the same fixture sees the same result.

In two calendar years, we've played exactly two full seasons worth of fixtures. Thought the stats would be worth a neb.

2014: P38  W12  D6  L20  F36  A63  GD -27  Pts  42

2015: P38  W7  D9  L22  F37  A69  GD -32  Pts  30

Total: P76  W19  D15  L42  F73  A132  GD -59  Pts  72

Impressive I'm sure you'll agree. :lol:

The sense of relief one gets from not giving a single fuck about this club is orgasmic.

I'm not quite there yet, but I've definitely become emotionally closed down to NUFC these days, as a form of self-preservation. I've actually lost interest in football massively since Mike Ashley's arrival here. Maybe I'm a glory hunter, but right now, I couldn't care less.

The club is dying in front of our very eyes and not a single fan cares enough to fight for its survival these days. We're the frog sitting in the pan as the water reaches boiling temperature.

Yeah, it's far from ideal but let's not give way to such melodramatic shite, man. The club is far from dying.

The club is dying in front of our very eyes and not a single fan cares enough to fight for its survival these days. We're the frog sitting in the pan as the water reaches boiling temperature.

Yeah, it's far from ideal but let's not give way to such melodramatic s****, man. The club is far from dying.

Depends on what you see the club as. The institution will no doubt remain long after its soul has gone.

Guest firetotheworks

It's the GD that does it for me like. I've watched us concede 59 more goals than I've watched us score. Absolutely pathetic.

The sense of relief one gets from not giving a single fuck about this club is orgasmic.

I'm not quite there yet, but I've definitely become emotionally closed down to NUFC these days, as a form of self-preservation. I've actually lost interest in football massively since Mike Ashley's arrival here. Maybe I'm a glory hunter, but right now, I couldn't care less.

The way I look at it, the club clearly shows no interest in presenting me with a high-quality product, nor cares about what I think as a fan. So why should I invest my time/interest/money/emotional well-being in them?

If refusing to sit through the absolute shit they serve up weekly makes me less of a fan, so be it. I'll tune back in when they start giving a shit.