Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

In the time he played at Forest he was outstanding, I bet the Sky pundits are feeling a bit awkward now for not making more of it on the night, professional pundits should be spotting huge errors like that

Common sense from the FA, WTF is going on ? There was absolutely no evidence on the footage that he did anything warranting a red card, despite even people on here saying he did. Could be big for us over the next few games, if nothing else you don't want your squad stretched at this time of year with so many games.

Pretty mental seeing fans of other Championship clubs relaying the "one rule for the big clubs" that we trot out ourselves in the Premiership :lol:

It would make sense if everyone in the football world didn't agree completely that the decisions were mental.

It's all coming back what little freaks Forest fans were last time round. Scabs.

Pretty mental seeing fans of other Championship clubs relaying the "one rule for the big clubs" that we trot out ourselves in the Premiership :lol:

It would make sense if everyone in the football world didn't agree completely that the decisions were mental.

It's all coming back what little freaks Forest fans were last time round. Scabs.

Their forum's a right crease like, they're absolutely desperate to maintain some credibility for their win :lol:

11v11 they had the best chance in the game! :lol:

Their forum's a right crease like, they're absolutely desperate to maintain some credibility for their win :lol:

11v11 they had the best chance in the game! :lol:

Just had a quick look at one. We're obviously massively fucking biased as well but they're all insistent they were two red card offences still. The FA ALWAYS back their refs unless the decisions were ridiculous. Can't get away with their stupidity.

Guest Howaythetoon

But HTT said he is bang average and can't play with a Hayden so we must all be wrong

He is an average PL player and I don't think I've ever said he and Hayden cannot play together, I think you are mistaking me for someone else perhaps. Shelvey was fantastic yesterday, however, which I managed to witness in the flesh. Huge work rate as well. Piss poor tactics from Birmingham though, they just sat off and didn't press or do anything really. One of the worst teams I've seen at SJP as good as we were.

TBF it shows how bad this league is from a managerial point of view the amount of time and space Shelvey gets almost every game. If you had someone man marking him and pressing him all game our team would be half as effective.

But HTT said he is bang average and can't play with a Hayden so we must all be wrong

He is an average PL player and I don't think I've ever said he and Hayden cannot play together, I think you are mistaking me for someone else perhaps. Shelvey was fantastic yesterday, however, which I managed to witness in the flesh. Huge work rate as well. Piss poor tactics from Birmingham though, they just sat off and didn't press or do anything really. One of the worst teams I've seen at SJP as good as we were.

Utter Bollocks! He's much better than your average PL player. Some of the passes he makes most PL players would never even contemplate, he's got the close control to get out of trouble when pressed and his composure when he gets forward is superb, apart from his long distance shooting.

His consistency has always been an issue but, under Rafa, he's putting in top performances week in and week out.

Guest Howaythetoon

He is an average PL player and I don't think I've ever said he and Hayden cannot play together, I think you are mistaking me for someone else perhaps. Shelvey was fantastic yesterday, however, which I managed to witness in the flesh. Huge work rate as well. p*ss poor tactics from Birmingham though, they just sat off and didn't press or do anything really. One of the worst teams I've seen at SJP as good as we were.

Utter Bollocks! He's much better than your average PL player. Some of the passes he makes most PL players would never even contemplate, he's got the close control to get out of trouble when pressed and his composure when he gets forward is superb, apart from his long distance shooting.

His consistency has always been an issue but, under Rafa, he's putting in top performances week in and week out.

Well, I disagree. I think he's just an average player in that division. His passing is of a very high standard, but switching play wide with long balls to players not being marked or in space isn't that hard a skill. Through balls, one twos etc. are more difficult and while he's capable, he is no Fabregas or Özil.

Anyway its his all-round game that is average. Does he create enough, does he score enough? He's quite a luxury player in many ways. He's bossing this league as he should, but he's quite an easy player to nullify because he has no pace or dribbling skills so press him and man mark him and he can become very one dimensional. I'm absolutely shocked that he is constantly allowed the freedom of the pitch to be honest.

His best games for us is when he has acres of space and time. If he can dominate midfield against better sides and players where space and time is of a premium, then fair enough. He hadn't shown he can do that not even on an average basis never mind consistent so I won't hold my breath.

I'd be worried if he's our main man next season in midfield if we are a Premier League side. He could work in a midfield three, but we would need someone like Kante in and around him.

He is an average PL player and I don't think I've ever said he and Hayden cannot play together, I think you are mistaking me for someone else perhaps. Shelvey was fantastic yesterday, however, which I managed to witness in the flesh. Huge work rate as well. p*ss poor tactics from Birmingham though, they just sat off and didn't press or do anything really. One of the worst teams I've seen at SJP as good as we were.

I have to agree, I've always rated Shelvey and I couldn't believe it when we signed him. He definitely needs a very good manager to get the best out of him, but how many other English players of his age can play with such swagger and able to ping the ball about without fear of reprisal.

In my opinion, I genuinely think he should be in the England 11 in Centre-mid above all other English players at the moment, with our national team all about pace and no brains at all, we need someone like Shelvey who can pick a pass and exploit the space for likes of Vardy, Walcott etc.