Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

I propose a thread title change to Sir Jonjo of Shelvey

Worlds greatest player Jonjo Shelvey should be the new title ........................................just to infuriate any passing makems.

Guest firetotheworks

Weird that for the second time a player we bought when going down ended up being our most important one once it happened. He's at the centre of everything good that we do going forward.

He was bought as a striker. If I recall rightly it was Pardew who shifted him out of his role.

As I said he is limited but given he has never been given a decent stint as a striker for us and gives 200% all the time he deserves more slack than he gets for me.

Tbh i reckon people decide they don't like someone and become unmoveable in that too. I cannot stand Colback but he was quite effective when he came on tonight in that he played more positive passes than Tiote.

Tbh i reckon people decide they don't like someone and become unmoveable in that too. I cannot stand Colback but he was quite effective when he came on tonight in that he played more positive passes than Tiote.

'Colback In Positive Pass Shocker!!!'    :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Said it before, there's no English player better than him in the middle when he's bothered. Should be a regular starter for England now. He's the player that actually would make all our pace-for-brains forwards actually dangerous.

Real captain's performance last night. Would be tempted to let him keep the arm band. Different class of player (at the mo) IMO than Lascelles and I get the sense the faith in him, as well as reliance on him,  would up his game a notch.