Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

He gets hugely frustrated with the lack of quality around and in front of him. I don't blame him one bit.

Hope he comes up with a better excuse than that when the fa charge arrives.

If he takes a highlight reel of Perez and Gouffran with him they'll probably just ask him to go to some PTSD therapy sessions tbh.

:papiss:

Clearly got a lot of talent but it does worry me a bit that he is such an influential player in our squad and yet is such a tit. And it seems to me not much evidence that he is a "team" player. Saw him dishing a fair amount of criticism tonight (in particular one incident with Murphy comes to mind). Got to learn to work with those around him, who may be less gifted,  and get the best out of them - but then that is probably why he us here and not with a Prem club....

Clearly got a lot of talent but it does worry me a bit that he is such an influential player in our squad and yet is such a tit. And it seems to me not much evidence that he is a "team" player. Saw him dishing a fair amount of criticism tonight (in particular one incident with Murphy comes to mind). Got to learn to work with those around him, who may be less gifted,  and get the best out of them - but then that is probably why he us here and not with a Prem club....

Not to mention the fact he has been below average as a premier league player for some time.

He'll get banned and Lynch will get off scott free. Just watch.

The Lynch one looked pretty bad but it's much easier to argue it was an accident than Shelvey's which was a blatant (and fucking stupid) kick out. Hopefully it's referenced in the referee's report and he can't get done retrospectively.

He just rolled after the foul and accidentally rolled into Mackie who over reacted somewhat

he kicked out. It's pretty clear. howay man

I don't think its clear at all. He leaves his legs in but there's no kicking motion as far as I can see

I'm not allowed to link it but it's on twitter. It's slight, but he extends his right leg in a 'kicking' motion.  People defending him or trying to deny it would say it's fuck all (which it is) but knowing the FA it'll be enough for them

did he fuck kick out like :lol:

he rolled over and where most players would put their legs down he held his up in the air with his feet together which caught their player and tripped him...it was cuntish and he knew what was he was doing but doesn't it have to be violent and/or have intent to get a ban?  you'd have to be a better person than me to look at those replays and come close to anything that approximates 'kicking out'

Anyone got a link to see this kick out? It looked like nothing in the ground, and no one except the QPR player reacted to it.

When you do get to see it, have a look at his facial expression as he kicks out. There's no doubting he went for the bloke :lol:.

worse than the stamp on sammy?

It wasn't much TBH, just unnecessarily petulant. Classic Shelvey.

Still not sure if the stamp was deliberate.

not sure. think he could have avoided it if he really wanted to.

worse than the stamp on sammy?

It wasn't much TBH, just unnecessarily petulant. Classic Shelvey.

Still not sure if the stamp was deliberate.

not sure. think he could have avoided it if he really wanted to.

Yeah most likely.

Wright vs Schmeichel comes to mind.

Bossed the first half. Got sloppy then disappeared in the second.

I think that heavy knock he took, about ten minutes into the second half, really stunted him. Looked to me like he had to withdraw himself from the game a bit because he was carrying something, and would've been subbed had Hayden not already gone off. He was absolutely all over it in the first, as you say.

• 3 weeks later...