Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Gouffran is a recognised striker in the same sense that Steven Taylor is a recognised striker.

Far from his greatest fan but I thought Gouffran played well.last night. The whole match revolved around Shelvey but Richie was brilliant in the first half and Gouffran took his goal very well.

Gouffran is a recognised striker in the same sense that Steven Taylor is a recognised striker.

Far from his greatest fan but I thought Gouffran played well.last night. The whole match revolved around Shelvey but Richie was brilliant in the first half and Gouffran took his goal very well.

It was a ridiculous comparison in the first place tbh.

Said it before, there's no English player better than him in the middle when he's bothered. Should be a regular starter for England now. He's the player that actually would make all our pace-for-brains forwards actually dangerous.

:anguish:

Said it before, there's no English player better than him in the middle when he's bothered. Should be a regular starter for England now. He's the player that actually would make all our pace-for-brains forwards actually dangerous.

We just ignoring last season? :lol:

We just ignoring last season? :lol:

? When he first arrived and was obviously up for it, he was fantastic no bones about it. His passing and vision was peerless amongst other English players even in the PL.

Not sure what your point is.

Think he was a striker for Bordeaux? Obviously took his goal well tonight too. I don't mind Goufran tbh, I doubt he's a Championship quality striker nowadays though.

If championship defences are as shit as Birmingham's he is. Scored, hit the post, and won a pen. Virtually terrorised them, Brum fans must think he's the championship equivalent of Aguero.

Guest firetotheworks

Wasn't it not so long ago in here that people were saying Shelvey wasn't that important and could be easily replaced?

That was mainly just HTT, I think.

Wasn't it not so long ago in here that people were saying Shelvey wasn't that important and could be easily replaced?

:lol: aye. "He needs the ball to be at his feet before deciding where to pass it"

It was pretty clear early on that he was the best player in the league and that we'd be fucked without him like.

:lol: aye. "He needs the ball to be at his feet before deciding where to pass it"

It was pretty clear early on that he was the best player in the league and that we'd be fucked without him like.

It's a glaring hole in our squad though. We've got some sort of cover for every other position, but when he's out we end up shoehorning defensive midfielders into an already over defensive line up. Really knackers our football.

[emoji38] aye. "He needs the ball to be at his feet before deciding where to pass it"

Think I may have said that but I was talking about it maybe being an issue when we get into the PL. It was always clear he was our best and most important player this season

[emoji38] aye. "He needs the ball to be at his feet before deciding where to pass it"

It was pretty clear early on that he was the best player in the league and that we'd be f***ed without him like.

Think I may have said that but I was talking about it maybe being an issue when we get into the PL. It was always clear he was our best and most important player this season

Aye I mentioned it, strictly in regards to the PL. Nobody's doubted him in this league after game 3.