Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Might just be me but I'd fight in every court and stand in front of every panel that would listen to me if I was accused of racial abuse. Cant see why any innocent person would accept that.  :undecided:

Would be interesting to see general opinion on this if it was Colback accused. :(

Because he's been told by a team of lawyers  that there's no point and his appeal won't be successful

It's just dragging it out for no reason, hes stated he hasn't done anything wrong so obviously believes he can do no more

will he be moved on?, as he appears to be a liability, on the face of it.

He's our best player, so no. :lol:

He's not (I wouldn't want him in the back 4 , out wide or up front and there are question marks over wether he'll be our fulcrum if we get promoted) but he is important to us...on the other hand this could be the making of Hayden.

He's our best player, so no. [emoji38]

He's not (I wouldn't want him in the back 4 , out wide or up front and there are question marks over wether he'll be our fulcrum if we get promoted) but he is important to us...on the other hand this could be the making of Hayden.

wat

I wouldn't play Dwight Gayle in goal but that doesn't mean he's not a very good centre forward.

I wouldn't play Dwight Gayle in goal but that doesn't mean he's not a very good centre forward.

Doesn't mean he's a better player than Darlow either.

Are you saying that someone can't be our best player unless he plays more than one position?

No, I'm saying there's a difference between being our most important player and best player. Best player is a bit of a pointless term.

Are you saying that someone can't be our best player unless he plays more than one position?

No, I'm saying there's a difference between being our most important player and best player. Best player is a bit of a pointless term.

Do you have a clue what you're on about?

I see his point albeit it is somewhat pedantic.

Shelvey is our most talented, experienced and effective centre midfielder. Which would ultimately make him the best in that particular position.

However, is that to say he is more effective or better than Lascelles is at CB or Gayle is up front? It's a pointless debate really as it's all subjective.

Shelvey is our most effective player in my opinion and actually I've never been and still am not his biggest fan. This will be a test of the other players' steal and actually the likes of Hayden need to step up and fill the spot.

His original post suggests that because he wouldn't want Shelvey in defence or out wide that he can't be out best player. 

Not that Lascelles is better at centre back than Shelvey is in midfield (which I don't think is true for what it's worth)

Here's an example, if we had Olivier Bernard or John Beresford here now he'd possibly be seen by many as our best player but not the most important. Best player means nowt, it's a crap term. The most important need not be "the best" if such a thing could be defined.

Here's an example, if we had Olivier Bernard or John Beresford here now he'd possibly be seen by many as our best player but not the most important. Best player means nowt, it's a crap term. The most important need not be "the best" if such a thing could be defined.

Who do you think is our most important player?

Who do you think is our most important player?

Shelvey.  But fwiw I also think Lascalles, Clarke and Darlow are more likely to cut it with us in the Premiership.

I think we'll learn over the next few games that Shelvey's our most important player; he dictates the play.

Gayle obviously scores for fun but I personally haven't seen a game this season where we didn't create more than one good chance. I think just about any competent striker could get goals in our team. It's the likes of Shelvey, Ritchie and Clark that bring that, and the former is certainly going to be a miss.

I don't think it'll be critical, though. We've got 'best in the league' equivalents in several positions, imo.