Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

End of the day, we're miles ahead now of plan A Krul punt to Cisse which can only be a good thing. Colo's passing is underrated, I think he's fantastic and to have him and Shelvey spotting passes bodes well.

End of the day, we're miles ahead now of plan A Krul punt to Cisse which can only be a good thing. Colo's passing is underrated, I think he's fantastic and to have him and Shelvey spotting passes bodes well.

Yup, a lot more variety in our attacking play with Shelvey, Sissoko, Townsend and Gini.

Yup, a lot more variety in our attacking play with Shelvey, Sissoko, Townsend and Gini.

... Spice of life. Now trying to think of Spice up your life lyrics featuring the above... I may be some time/don't hold your breath.

BBC article suggesting that Jonjo was the best value signing of the January window;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35526983

Apparently he should be valued at £23.5m. Same article suggests we overspent by £5m on Townsend.  Based on their performances so far they might be right. 

According to that article players older than 27 with low contracts are a good proposition for teams looking to improve the first team.

What Shelvey always does is play a positive pass, always for the man to run on to.  For so long we have had midfield players who pass to the man and it makes our build up play so pedestrian.  The difference is clear to me, he is essential if we want to counter attack teams

BBC article suggesting that Jonjo was the best value signing of the January window;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35526983

Apparently he should be valued at £23.5m. Same article suggests we overspent by £5m on Townsend.  Based on their performances so far they might be right. 

Are you saying Townsend has been shit... In the two games he has played for us?

Are you saying Townsend has been s***... In the two games he has played for us?

I'd say he been distinctly average in 50% of the games he has played :)  However he was good in the other one, so I guess he could prove to be worth the money. I keep hoping for a winger who plays on the wing and crosses, and he doesn't really appear to be that type of player so I'm going to have a bias against him.

Was remonstrating with McClaren and Simpson according to Ryder.

What about?

Seat allocation on the flight to their lads holiday

Can't blame him. Probably doesn't want to be stuck next to Doumbia who'll be doing Wordsearch, cups of tea followed by sleep.

The defenders are rightly getting criticised for their defending but this lad offers absolutely zero protection at all to them. Its so easy to get the ball around him and then he completely gives up. Its leaving us so exposed