Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Sorry if this has been covered in the thread previously, but

£12million?!!! :yikes:

Are you having a laugh?  :mike: :mike:

why do we care about the fee? Still can't get an answer on this.

In general it shows how he's valued within football

Don't care about the fee on this one personally.  Because I don't think its a crazy fee considering the market and it looks like we still plan to spend more regardless.  But in general fees absolutely do matter to some degree and I can never understand the argument that they're totally irrelevant.

It's pretty much just Newcastle that has been stuck in 2008 when it comes to transfer fees, £12m is nowt these days. We must be the only PL side that hasn't broke our record transfer fee since Ashley came in?

Absolutely, its not an outrageous fee at all these days.

Mind to be fair its much easier to break your transfer record if you're a club like Bournemouth or West Brom, who no doubt still haven't come close to spending more on one player than we did in 1996 :lol:

There's a highlights video from this season on Youtube that looks quite encouraging. Always has his head up when he's on the ball and his first thought is always to carry the ball forward or ping it out to the wide players or hit the striker. Think he will do well for us.

Not sure how to embed vines, but I think this is exactly the sort of defensive performance we need from a midfielder.

snip

Very Giggs that like.  He has been shit and lazy in general for Swansea for a while now, ever since he decided he didn't want to be there.  Still I think that was the 93rd minute of the first game he'd played in a while so likely knackered.

12m is probably more than he's worth but who else is available and would come? If you look throughout the midfielders with premier league experience who would dramatically improve us they are few and far between. Jordy Clasie was 8m and I don't think hes played a game. Wasnt Joe Allen 20m? James Mcarther, Charlie Adam, I'm sure there are a few going for fees that hardly make this one outrageous.

Guest firetotheworks

Jack Colback can be seen running around, yet having absolutely no impact on anything.

Aye. Alibi running.

I like that expression.

Our fans are absoluetly gutted.

Here's a few comments from our board http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/

"Currently having his medical, let's hope he passes!"

"Fingers crossed. I hope they dont do a brain cell count. As long as you dont need double figure we'll be in with a shot."

"I'm actually massively cheered by this news. Things need to change.Looks like they are."

"Start the car...I'll drive him there for that

5 year contract according to the Daily Mail.

Shelvey could yet help keep us up if we reinvest wisely."

"Can I pay for your petrol?"

We'll miss him honestly.

I'm sure he'll be a big part in your staying up this year, after time he'll change though.

There's a highlights video from this season on Youtube that looks quite encouraging. Always has his head up when he's on the ball and his first thought is always to carry the ball forward or ping it out to the wide players or hit the striker. Think he will do well for us.

Not sure how to embed vines, but I think this is exactly the sort of defensive performance we need from a midfielder.

:lol: Jesus Christ.

What a player, just ready to pounce on anything that comes loose, to the untrained eye it looks lazy but I would compare his actions to that of a Praying Mantis

I cannot stop watching that video, man. What the fuck is he actually doing? Is there some context to it that I'm missing?

Is that Colback and Anita entering the frame to the left?

He's waiting for the ball to come loose, but it doesn't so he just ends up in no mans land looking daft as fuck :lol: