Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

I think he's a good player, so reasonably pleased about this one. More talent in his nutsack than the likes of Anita, Tiote and Colback.

:thup:

More talent than the three of them combined tbh. Not that that is saying a lot.

I think he's a good player, so reasonably pleased about this one. More talent in his nutsack than the likes of Anita, Tiote and Colback.

This is where I'm at.

I've seen him play really well for Swansea and if he find a bit of form then he'll look excellent for us. Also cautious about the fact the Swansea fans don't seem too bothered and it would appear we were pretty much the only club in for him. Half a Shelvey is better than twice a Colback.

:thup:

Aye, maybe got lost in the confirmation of him signing but according to Sky he's created 24 chances in 16 appearances this season.  While Anita, Colback and Tiote have created 15 chances in their combined 44 appearances this season.  Shelvey's been shit this season as well, so what does that make those three? :lol:

This is where I'm at.

I've seen him play really well for Swansea and if he find a bit of form then he'll look excellent for us. Also cautious about the fact the Swansea fans don't seem too bothered and it would appear we were pretty much the only club in for him. Half a Shelvey is better than twice a Colback.

I'm sure they'll miss him once he's gone. Initially we did the same when Ba and Cabaye left IIRC.

Swansea seemed to use him quite deep, which I always thought was strange. With that responsibility on Saivet, and the freedom to focus on what happens going forward that would be great.

Genuinely thrilled they realised that central midfield was a major issue. Amazing we could have a new pairing in there. Huge relief.

Would start him tonight, I'm not actually joking.

Just as well we have officials who know the rules. Hope he gets the winner!

Just do what teams do in Sunday league, just pretend he's Gouffran.

Got an awful feeling McLaren will play a midfield three of         

Saivet

Shelvey                  Ginger pubes

Swansea seemed to use him quite deep, which I always thought was strange. With that responsibility on Saivet, and the freedom to focus on what happens going forward that would be great.

Genuinely thrilled they realised that central midfield was a major issue. Amazing we could have a new pairing in there. Huge relief.

True, tbh. Would not have expected us to sign two centre-midfielders. With my 'typical expectations' glasses on, I'd have taken this and no further signings on Dec 31st.

We are of course entirely capable of plugging the rest of the holes.

Pleased we've done something. Fear of doing nothing and the famous "we tried" line was coming.

Two CM's is a great start. A centre back and a striker is a must for me, but would settle for a striker more so. We need goal threat asap.

Saivet

Yup.

Saivet

He should play a midfield 3 mind, it's the only set up where we have ever looked good in recent years. It just shouldn't involve Colback.

If Colback absolutely must play I could almost handle him in a midfield three, alongside two actual footballers. We've had utter garbage in that sort of position before and it's been passable as a working triumvirate. His sideways/backways football wouldn't be as much of a hindrance alongside players with real attributes.

I'm happy we have someone with a long range on him better than Tiote... Cabaye was the last one who had a good long range shot on him. Looking forward to seeing what he can do for us, as he's very experienced in this league despite his age.

If Colback absolutely must play I could almost handle him in a midfield three, alongside two actual footballers. We've had utter garbage in that sort of position before and it's been passable as a working triumvirate. His sideways/backways football wouldn't be as much of a hindrance alongside players with real attributes.

This is the way I see it. I just can't see Colback being dropped for some reason.