Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

12m isn't even big money. Its pennies these days.

Not many clubs outside of the top 4 or 5 spend that much on 4 different players within 6 months like. Most clubs in this league might get one or two then the usual £5-8m bracket.

And that's an excellent point your are bringing up, all those teams around us don't have 10 - 15 million players that we do, we've spent a lot of money indivually  on Mbema, Colo, Thauvin, Gini, Mitro, Cabella, Cisse, Anita and Riv, not to mention paying 5million for two forest players that can't get a game. Yet we are still in a relegation fight ! Where's this so called value, the only ones who we got a a rate under their current value to the team are Gini and Perez, ffs Free was too much to pay for Colback !!

12m isn't even big money. Its pennies these days.

Not many clubs outside of the top 4 or 5 spend that much on 4 different players within 6 months like. Most clubs in this league might get one or two then the usual £5-8m bracket.

And that's an excellent point your are bringing up, all those teams around us don't have 10 - 15 million players that we do, we've spent a lot of money indivually  on Mbema, Colo, Thauvin, Gini, Mitro, Cabella, Cisse, Anita and Riv, not to mention paying 5million for two forest players that can't get a game. Yet we are still in a relegation fight ! Where's this so called value, the only ones who we got a a rate under their current value to the team are Gini and Perez, ffs Free was too much to pay for Colback !!

:clap:

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye, but consider how little we have spent since MA came in. We are just catching up. 12m on Shelvey is fuck all these days, Championship clubs are paying that for strikers man.

I've heard from a reliable sauce, that Clarencefield is to be housed with Colo's rabbits. The beginnings of a NUFC mini-farm in Leazes park, all will act as advisers to the board; Carr's apparently really excited awaiting receipt of Colback's Shetland Pony, so he can get it straight from...

:embarrassed:

Jonjo revealed that ex-Newcastle manager Kenny Dalglish had been in touch since he'd become a Magpie - Kenny took over at SJP 19 years ago today:

"I got a phone call from him last night when I was at the MetroCentre - I didn't realise how big that was either! He said, 'You have got bundles of ability, get yourself right and you will be fine and the fans will love you up there'.

"He has been here and he has done that. What a thing for one of the best players in the world of all time to ring you and say that. It was a big thing for me - it was more of a big thing for my dad".

May have been posted

Jonjo revealed that ex-Newcastle manager Kenny Dalglish had been in touch since he'd become a Magpie - Kenny took over at SJP 19 years ago today:

"I got a phone call from him last night when I was at the MetroCentre - I didn't realise how big that was either! He said, 'You have got bundles of ability, get yourself right and you will be fine and the fans will love you up there'.

"He has been here and he has done that. What a thing for one of the best players in the world of all time to ring you and say that. It was a big thing for me - it was more of a big thing for my dad".

May have been posted

Must still be on a sweet phone deal with BT.

Swansea's results have been worse without him in the team than with mind.

Eh?

We started the season well in August, then after the first International break we started going downhill badly in September (Shelvey played every game) it got worse in October (Shelvey played every game).

the first game he was missing was end of November against Liverpool when he had a slight injury. November was a bad month, 3 games lost 2 drew 1, he played the first two.

Monk's last game was the first in December against Leicester and Shelvey was still out. He missed the Man City game where we played well but lost and returned for the next game, West Ham as a sub as he was against West Brom. By now he was showing disinterest.

He started against Palace after Christmas as was totally not bothered, even took a throw in and passed it to a Palace player!! he was subbed after an hour and dropped for Man Utd and recalled to show he could fight for his place against Oxford where his best move was pulling up his socks.

Eh?

you might have already done this groo, but what type of player is he? he looks like he can hit them from distance from what ive seen, any other attributes?

Eh?

you might have already done this groo, but what type of player is he? he looks like he can hit them from distance from what ive seen, any other attributes?

Leighton James got it right with the one in 5 or 6 remark, passes and games.

He has the ability, it's just if he feels like it. It showed after Monk left, his problems started when the chairman Jenkins said after he reluctantly sacked Monk that he blamed the players and mentioned Shelvey in particular for not putting the effort in, after that he completely turned off, made no attempt to play.

I can see him playing with enthusiasm now until the end of the season, so I would expect you'll see the best of him. He can be a game winner.

Once he's settled in and it may change, especially if he has a tiff with anyone at the club from groundsman to chairman.