Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Sky claiming we're happy to pay £13m in one payment but won't entertain a loan fee.

I thought his release clause was meant to be £13m?

That was when he was with us. 

Sky claiming we're happy to pay £13m in one payment but won't entertain a loan fee.

It was yesterday, Ryder/The Chronic saying his current deal has a £13m release clause as well...

"Sources in the south suggest that Townsend has a minimum fee release clause of £13million in his current deal - just like the one that allowed him to leave Newcastle last summer."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/what-holding-up-deal-andros-12528362

Rafa has a plan . He needs certain types , certain qualities in players to make that plan work , especially if we make the Premier league.  This season has shown how lacking we are in the right players so very careful investment is crucial. Rafa won't just accept any random token fingers crossed & hope for the best transfers , so it's probably harder to make things happen than it was with Alan , John & Stevie , who didn't have plans , so no " right fit " needed .

But he was given funds and had time to find the right players in the summer just gone ( for this season at least) I'm not saying he hasn't done partly well, Clark and Gayle and Ritchie have turned out to be great signings on the whole, but we went into the season lacking, and it should have been rectified in this window but hasn't.

Or seemingly hasn't unless something drastic happens tomorrow.

Massive changes in the summer. Difficult to have done more at that time. I still believe we have enough already to go up, so if no one crucial leaves today im not worried if we do not sign anyone. It a difficult and expensive window. And there is no need to average players for high prices coz we have enough already.

Townsend would be a good signing coz we know he has PL quality. We can only speculate regarding this deal. If the CP demands are unreasonable then don´t do it...wait for better deals in the summer...imo.

It was yesterday, Ryder/The Chronic saying his current deal has a £13m release clause as well...

"Sources in the south suggest that Townsend has a minimum fee release clause of £13million in his current deal - just like the one that allowed him to leave Newcastle last summer."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/what-holding-up-deal-andros-12528362

skysports had this on their transfer thing as well, kept missing it but it seemed to suggest a deal was waiting on palace completing one of their own, something like that

Bit strange to have another £13m release clause. Keeps doing it and it means every club is effectively loading him from himself with him pocketing a tidy signing on bonus. Surely if we buy him outright we'd remove it, if not I wouldn't bother, we'd always be looking over our shoulders (see Ba)

I don't know whether to continue refreshing this place and twitter every 5 minutes or try and self-impose a ban until later so at least I'll know one way or the other.

I'm currently getting nothing done at this rate.

we have enough injury free permitting.

The good clubs build while on top though.

Agreed..... But we're not at the top, just trying to get there , and this is a delicate balancing act , no point making signings at this stage that are not relevant to where we want to be. Townsend would be good in my eyes , but only if the deal being struck is sensible .