Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

People need to give it a rest.

A few weeks ago people on here were saying they wouldn't have him back, how they would save the money for the summer when we can go up and buy better targets etc.

Now this hasn't came off (looking like Palace deciding to f*** us around) and all of a sudden we are nowhere near getting promoted, Rafa is off, the crowd will turn tomorrow, those who go tomorrow are Wongaloids etc.

Honestly guys, just relax a a little. Tomorrow should we win then we'll go top with Brighton playing a tough team where hey could slip up. All stats etc points to us going up, we are in a better position now then we were when we last went up. Our team is still a step above the rest of the league, tomorrow we play a team who beat 6-0 away from home earlier in the season without even getting out of 2nd gear. Take your knickers off guys because they are wringing with p*ss and are twisted to f***.

Agreed, squadwise we should have enough to go up still. I think the reaction is down to the uncertainty regarding Rafa's response. How much did he think he NEEDED Thownsend, and just how confident was he that something would happen.

Still 3 mins to go like.

Yeah, Our squad isn't too much of a worry but we're risking it to save a few quid again. The main issue is Rafa coming out multiple times saying he wants a couple of players/confident getting them etc and then us signing nobody :lol:

It's vintage Newcastle United.

I'm not bothered about the player himself at all. Think he's a cunt.

It's what it says about the club and the backing of its manager that's depressingly familiar.

Go back to the start of this month and not one person on here would have been satisfied with the prospect of us signing nobody at all. It's fucking rubbish.

People need to give it a rest.

A few weeks ago people on here were saying they wouldn't have him back, how they would save the money for the summer when we can go up and buy better targets etc.

Now this hasn't came off (looking like Palace deciding to fuck us around) and all of a sudden we are nowhere near getting promoted, Rafa is off, the crowd will turn tomorrow, those who go tomorrow are Wongaloids etc.

Honestly guys, just relax a a little. Tomorrow should we win then we'll go top with Brighton playing a tough team where they could slip up. All stats etc points to us going up, we are in a better position now then we were when we last went up. Our team is still a step above the rest of the league, tomorrow we play a team who beat 6-0 away from home earlier in the season without even getting out of 2nd gear. Take your knickers off guys because they are wringing with piss and are twisted to fuck.

Ffs somebody speaking sense, townsend is a luxuray (bollox cant spell lol) buy. Would have been nice but lets getback to normal service  :frantic:

I'm not bothered about the player himself at all. Think he's a c***.

It's what it says about the club and the backing of its manager that's depressingly familiar.

Go back to the start of this month and not one person on here would have been satisfied with the prospect of us signing nobody at all. It's f***ing rubbish.

Exactly!

Go back to the start of this month and not one person on here would have been satisfied with the prospect of us signing nobody at all. It's fucking rubbish.

Yup  :(

Go back to the start of this month and not one person on here would have been satisfied with the prospect of us signing nobody at all. It's f***ing rubbish.

Exactly.  I'm more concerned about Rafa leaving than us not getting promoted.

Pretty much sums it up for me. Really hoped we would have brought in a quality central midfielder given how poor we looked in Shelveys absence. Even this afternoon Rafa seemed confident of adding to the squad.

Satisfied probably isn't the word but personally haven't seen an overwhelming need to strengthen. If a PL player was there for a decent price then fair enough. That's the only reason Townsend is a bit of a disappointment, ready made PL player.

Satisfied probably isn't the word but personally haven't seen an overwhelming need to strengthen. If a PL player was there for a decent price then fair enough. That's the only reason Townsend is a bit of a disappointment, ready made PL player.

Maybe you haven't but the manager certainly has as he has said all month

:thup:

Pretty much sums it up for me. Really hoped we would have brought in a quality central midfielder given how poor we looked in Shelveys absence. Even this afternoon Rafa seemed confident of adding to the squad.

Who did you have in mind like?

Exactly.  I'm more concerned about Rafa leaving than us not getting promoted.

I'm concerned about him leaving as I wanted someone to get the place being a football club again and that means havingthe strength to control Ashley without being daft (Rafa fits the bill to a tee), however we have enough to go up and I sound like a broken record that I don't think Rafa gets as much from this squad as he should  and if we don't go up it's on him.

It's not really my decision but I wouldn't have minded us bringing in someone like James McCarthy.

Aye, but as has been said before, every manager worth his salt wants to improve his team and will pressure the board to do so. Doesn't necessarily mean he automatically gets what he wants, every time.

We need Townsend then bleat on about how we're fucked if Shelley is injured. They don't even play the same position!!

Well yeah, we need another creative outlet. Not just for when he's injured but at home where he's often fairly successfully negated.

It's not really my decision but I wouldn't have minded us bringing in someone like James McCarthy.

for around £20m? thats a bit much for midfielder who would probably not be good enough for  a first team spot next season.

Brace yourselves for someone to start dropping free agent bombs.

Bacause we signed nowt.

There'll be a list straight on the Chronicle's live blog tomorrow morning, man.

Berbatov top of the list, and some shite article about him wearing a Shearer shirt when he was 14

Agree, but Kenwright stated that he wasn't for sale and in any case he's a completely different player to Shelvey. I'm really disappointed that we didn't get Townsend in but I think a lot of our centre mid targets - Loftus-Cheek, McCarthy, Cairney, Cleverley and the like - were simply beyond us; either not for sale or subject to offers from PL clubs.

Sometimes you've just got to bite the bullet and pay up. You may not like it, it may pinch a bit and you resent doing it but it's often worth it to get you out of the shit and/or ensure things are sorted. Boiler breaks in December? Get it fixed. Break down 150 miles from home? get it fixed. Miss your train home and have to pay triple to get back? Pay it.

We've chosen to not pay it. Might work out, might not, why take the fucking chance though? Fucking arseholes.

Sometimes you've just got to bite the bullet and pay up. You may not like it, it may pinch a bit and you resent doing it but it's often worth it to get you out of the shit and/or ensure things are sorted. Boiler breaks in December? Get it fixed. Break down 150 miles from home? get it fixed. Miss your train home and have to pay triple to get back? Pay it.

We've chosen to not pay it. Might work out, might not, why take the fucking chance though? Fucking arseholes.

Aye, but as has been said before, every manager worth his salt wants to improve his team and will pressure the board to do so. Doesn't necessarily mean he automatically gets what he wants, every time.

No fucker will with those two clowns and that's exactly the point

The problem with those analogies is that we ain't broke.

The problem with those analogies is that we ain't broke.

All the more reason to just fucking pay it then.