Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

But Premiership. But London. But England.

Bahaha! f*** off, c***! :mackems:

This :lol:

He could easily have been sitting on about 8 goals and 10 assists in the Championship by now. Confidence sky high, improving both individually and tactically under a brilliant manager, and somewhat taking more control of his own England credentials.

Thick as mince.

I'm holding a grudge like. We plucked him from the Spurs reserve team, Rafa gave him the platform to produce the best football of his career, the fans gave him unbelievable backing which even his dad came out and said they were humbled by, he got himself back into the England squad and was very unlucky not to make the squad for the Euros.

He repaid us by jumping ship at the very first opportunity to of all teams, Crystal Palace and Alan Pardew, a man with a reputation for ruining flare players. If one of the top teams had come in for him then fair enough, but to go there and not even give it a go here sticks in the throat. Even if he'd said I'll stay and reevaluate things in January when we'd have a good idea if Promotion was likely or not, that would have been fair enough but to leave for a far smaller club to play for a far lesser manager tells you all you need to know about him.

No doubt we could get him on the cheap if we swap leagues with Palace in the summer but under Rafa I reckon we should be able to attract better than Andros Townsend, who, let's be honest, is pretty much a journeyman winger when you look at his CV.

Like with Kirchoff, I still can't decide if he's any good or not. Took a while to hit form, then ripped it up for 5-6 games when we were desperate and against teams either already on their holidays, or with other competitions to worry about.

Completely different player playing on the right then left, at Palace he can't play where he wants because of Zaha

I actually don't blame him for leaving to stay in the prem, but in hindsight he should have stayed. I'd take him back if an offer came up 100%

Like with Kirchoff, I still can't decide if he's any good or not. Took a while to hit form, then ripped it up for 5-6 games when we were desperate and against teams either already on their holidays, or with other competitions to worry about.

Completely different player playing on the right then left, at Palace he can't play where he wants because of Zaha

I actually don't blame him for leaving to stay in the prem, but in hindsight he should have stayed. I'd take him back if an offer came up 100%

Did anyone really need hindsight to know how this move would turn out? It was one of the most predictable scenarios in football.

Did anyone really need hindsight to know how this move would turn out? It was one of the most predictable scenarios in football.

Well aye, Andros did

Well aye, Andros did

Fair enough :lol:

Pardew used to shoehorn HBA on the left occassionally  where he was pretty ineffective (except his debut under Hughton) and then haul him off and blame him for poor perfromances

It's clear that Townsend's best position is on the right and Townsend must have known when he joined that Zaha was their fans player of the season and it would be a massive struggle to dislodge him from the right

Pardew used to shoehorn HBA on the left occassionally  where he was pretty ineffective (except his debut under Hughton) and then haul him off and blame him for poor perfromances

It's clear that Townsend's best position is on the right and Townsend must have known when he joined that Zaha was their fans player of the season and it would be a massive struggle to dislodge him from the right

Been games where Pardew has played Townsend on the right and Zaha on the left too, Zaha was nowhere near as effective and Townsend was still relatively poor

His debut was on the left wing at Everton and he was brilliant. HBA is good enough to play anywhere in attack pretty much and be class, Townsend isn't.

I did say apart from his debut. Pardew played him left wing against Everton a few seasons ago and hauled him off at half time when we were 3-0 down I think and he didn't get much of a look in after it. He was much more effective on the right for us

In that case what was Pardew doing trying to buy him when he should have got someone for the opposite wing instead. Just a case of Pardew picking up a player in form and hoping they can continue it for him, just like most of the players he's signed for Palace who did well for us.