Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

tbh I don't remember his exit being very acrimonious. Would have him back as he'd improve us massively. Feels like lots of cutting off the nose to spite the face going on :lol:

alternatively BOOOOO. He left and leaving turned out to be a mistake for him, which he couldn't have foreseen. BOOOOOOO. Burn his fuckin house down. BOOOOOOO. Sow his garden with salt.

I'd have him back, but doubt we will... purely because I cant see MA sanctioning spending more than we got off Palace for him, and I cant see them accepting less than they paid after just 6 months.

I don't particularly mind that he left us to stay in the PL, its his own daft fault he stupid enough to join Palace/Pardew.

If we could get a deal for £12-13m (max), I think it could happen.

Yeah, if we were top of the premier league we could be a bit snooty but in our position I'd have him back. 

We aren't even guaranteed promotion ffs so it would be as big a gamble for him.

I'm still to be convinced he even wants to be back here. He certainly left quick enough after we resurrected his England career which was dead in the water while he stagnated on Spurs bench. I'll think about reassessing it if he actually looks like coming back.

I'm still to be convinced he even wants to be back here. He certainly left quick enough after we resurrected his England career which was dead in the water while he stagnated on Spurs bench. I'll think about reassessing it if he actually looks like coming back.

He resurrected his own England career with his performances for us, we didn't hand it on a platter to him.

It's all about Pardew. If he'd left for any other manager, I can't imagine there'd be as much of a division of feeling towards him.

There's another thing...imagine leaving us under Benitez for Palace led by Pardew. It just beggars belief.

Lad had the opportunity to play at the elite level of the game. Its as simple as that regardless of whether it was for man with all the sense and intelligence of a sanitary towel.

And bailed out for Palace, slapped Rafa in the face, we brought him back to life.

Fuck him ..not wanted or needed

Lad had the opportunity to play at the elite level of the game. Its as simple as that regardless of whether it was for man with all the sense and intelligence of a sanitary towel.

And bailed out for Palace, slapped Rafa in the face, we brought him back to life.

f*** him ..not wanted or needed

:dowie:

It's all about Pardew. If he'd left for any other manager, I can't imagine there'd be as much of a division of feeling towards him.

There's another thing...imagine leaving us under Benitez for Palace led by Pardew. It just beggars belief.

Not if one is in the PL and gives you a chance to play for England.

He didn't slap anyone in the face...he'd said he'd like to stay which is a bit shan but people change their minds about their careers. Like Ian is alluding to, how many players are selected from the championship to represent England. The likelihood is small and as we all know about the best league in the world - the EPL is everything.

He's a good player, better than what we have at present and given the way he left last summer I imagine he'd feel pretty guilty if he was to come back and would want to win over any negative feelings towards him through effort on the pitch.

Footballers are mercenaries looking out for themselves, he owed us no loyalty. Yes, leaving to go and play for Alan fucking Pardew instead of Rafa is like ditching your Victoria's Secret model in favour of dry humping the gap between sofa cushions but he was chasing the Premier League and given the signings Palace were making last summer you can't blame him for thinking they might do something of note this season.

It hasn't worked and if he wants to come back we should be happy that we have a good player regardless of how or why he left in the first place.

As they triggered his release clause, surely they had to pay the full lot up front?

Guessing the actual cash that swapped accounts was minimal given that Gayle came to us the same time. They probably paid £2m cash or thereabouts and that was it.

Heavily doubt transfers work that way.

The player that left us, is better than what we have currently. If we can get on loan with option to buy, it really should be a no brainer. Just strikes to me as something similar to the Routledge signing during our last promotion year, that was vital to us and ensured promotion. Adding Townsend's quality to the group could have a similar effect.