Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't even know who Courtney is.

He's all over the radio about north-east football. BBC correspondent IIRC.

Nah. Ex-Metro, now TalkShite.

Sure he used to work at NUFC too, in the 1990s (keegan 2nd era).

Guessing he still thinks he's ITK, but really, knaas nowt!

That's great. I still have no idea who he is.

He used to work for the club. Stood on the steps and announced KK was leaving the club (1st time).

He's a massive gobshite. He provides updates on games for Talksport by simply listening to the BBC commentary and relaying that onto Talksport. His knowledge and contacts stretch no further than your average guy down the pub. In fact... you can often find him hosting the pub quiz on a Monday night at the Duke of Wellington in Durham.

Gobshite.

Nevilles Cross?

Are Palace reluctant to sell him to a fellow Premier League struggler? My worry with this has always been a team in the relegation scrap nipping in front of Newcastle (ad being more willing to pay) at the last hurdle when other options fall through.

Same here, we see it all the time on the final day (last season with Sissoko, Everton and Tottenham).

Right, well what do you want me to give you, his national insurance number and medical records?

I'd be stunned if this is happens, it won't.  NUFC being asked to outlay financially on deadline day more than they are happy to do.  Absolutely no chance.

Edit: reports that he's in the Palace squad tonight

Andros Townsend has travelled with Crystal Palace to their game against AFC Bournemouth.

(from twitter...)

Means nowt really.

Carroll fee was agreed at about 5.30pm, and he still had time to travel to Liverpool and undergo a medical.

Pretty certain Townsend could easily be withdrawn from their squad and a medical happen if a deal can be sorted right up to the teams being submitted to the ref.

Andros Townsend has travelled with Crystal Palace to their game against AFC Bournemouth.

(from twitter...)

Means nowt really.

Carroll fee was agreed at about 5.30pm, and he still had time to travel to Liverpool and undergo a medical.

Pretty certain Townsend could easily be withdrawn from their squad and a medical happen if a deal can be sorted right up to the teams being submitted to the ref.

Aye, it's not an issue.

Douglas just posted this in the Chronicle live thread:

Townsend: Fast-tracking a deal?

Told by NUFC sources a Townsend deal would be seen as doing a deal and using money ear-marked for the summer now to sign a player who would be Premier League-ready and a big part of NUFC’s Premier League plans.

Wonder if he’ll be earmarked for the number ten role that no-one has really nailed down yet.

Douglas just posted this in the Chronicle live thread:

Townsend: Fast-tracking a deal?

Told by NUFC sources a Townsend deal would be seen as doing a deal and using money ear-marked for the summer now to sign a player who would be Premier League-ready and a big part of NUFC’s Premier League plans.

Wonder if he’ll be earmarked for the number ten role that no-one has really nailed down yet.

He's a wide player, why not just play him wide instead of shoehorning Gouffran into that role?

Pete GravesVerifierat konto ‏@PeteGravesSky  19 sför 19 sekunder sedan

Mer

Understand #CPFC now ready to do a deal with #NUFC for @andros_townsend but have they left it too late? Less than 10 hours. Follow on #SSNHQ

Miles Starforth ‏@milesstarforth  19 sför 19 sekunder sedan

Mer

Rafa Benitez on transfers: 'No news. Still we have time. I'm confident we can do something for the team.' #nufc

Sounds like he's handed his notice in. Pardew manager by midnight.

Right, well what do you want me to give you, his national insurance number and medical records?

No. I just pointed out i didn't know who he was. I didn't ask for anything from you. ;D