Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Left out according to Standard.

Reus left out as well.

Think Reus has been struggling physically: Shame for him

Some good players left out of the German squad; they lack a striker IMO

What was the point of picking him in the first place? Sterling hasn't exactly set the world alight and Townsend was given 15 minutes or so to stake his claim. I wouldn't be surprised if he was used in training to give our full backs some defensive training and that was his sole purpose. He'd have every right to be pissed off.

So we've got Vardy, Kane, Rooney, Sturridge (inj) and Rashford that can play upfront?

And we play 1 striker.

Or sometimes if we're lucky, one striker with another one shoehorned into a wing position?

I'll be shocked if either "Studge" or Rashford see a minute of playing time.

Guest neesy111

What's the point in taking James Milner.

Been one of Liverpool's best players this season tbh.

Rashford is the one I can't get my head around. If anything sums up what's wrong with England, it's been the clamour in the media and among most pundits for Rashford to be rushed into the squad on the back of a single - admittedly decent - England appearance. He's a prodigious talent but his inclusion in the final 23 is ridiculous IMO.

Obviously gutted for Andros but feel a bit bad for Drinkwater as well, who has surely done more than Barkley and Henderson over the course of the season and in the warm-up games.