C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

It’s funny watching this debate because I have a different perspective: I work with children in a country that has recently had a Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Sexual Abuse (i.e. looking at the fucked up ways organisations dealt with sexual abuse).

In 2018, in Australia, if John Carver had acted the same way he did in England twenty five years ago, he would be guilty of a criminal act and liable for a six month jail term.

He was the Director of Excellence, and a member of staff reported an allegation of sexual misconduct against another member of staff. If he does not immediately pick up a phone and call the appropriate government authority, he is guilty of a crime.

It creates an environment of hypervigillance and over-reporting but better that than paedos touching kids.

Sorry to get all Atticus Finch, but we heard five years of stories exactly like this, of institutions dealing with sexual abuse on an ad hoc (and frequently incredibly dodgy) manner. Maybe England would benefit from something similar.

Things have moved on somewhat here as well.

It’s funny watching this debate because I have a different perspective: I work with children in a country that has recently had a Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Sexual Abuse (i.e. looking at the fucked up ways organisations dealt with sexual abuse).

In 2018, in Australia, if John Carver had acted the same way he did in England twenty five years ago, he would be guilty of a criminal act and liable for a six month jail term.

He was the Director of Excellence, and a member of staff reported an allegation of sexual misconduct against another member of staff. If he does not immediately pick up a phone and call the appropriate government authority, he is guilty of a crime.

It creates an environment of hypervigillance and over-reporting but better that than paedos touching kids.

Sorry to get all Atticus Finch, but we heard five years of stories exactly like this, of institutions dealing with sexual abuse on an ad hoc (and frequently incredibly dodgy) manner. Maybe England would benefit from something similar.

He did. But for some reason the operator put him through to Sir Jimmy Saville, and they got talking about his charity work.

No doubt, although it seems there are some who think we’re being hard on Carver. I acknowledge it’s difficult to separate from what a private individual would do as opposed to a legally obligated professional, but Carver was a professional who allowed a coach he had been told was abusing children to keep his job for more than a year after the Ferris reporting to travel with and maintain close, unsupervised relationships with children.

But now I see my error - I have “Carver” and “professional” in the same sentence...

No doubt, although it seems there are some who think we’re being hard on Carver. I acknowledge it’s difficult to separate from what a private individual would do as opposed to a legally obligated professional, but Carver was a professional who allowed a coach he had been told was abusing children to keep his job for more than a year after the Ferris reporting to travel with and maintain close, unsupervised relationships with children.

But now I see my error - I have “Carver” and “professional” in the same sentence...

exactly...i would expect carver to handle something like that the same way a binman* or someone would handle it

*nothing against binmen obvs, just an example of someone who more than likely doesn't have management training and/or is as thick as fuck as well

• 4 weeks later...

See you next year Alan.

There'll be those who say it could never happen, but it absolutely could. Ashley is the same cunt who tried to bring back Joe Kinnear's corpse from the grave.

Guest reefatoon

See you next year Alan.

There'll be those who say it could never happen, but it absolutely could. Ashley is the same cunt who tried to bring back Joe Kinnear's corpse from the grave.

Totally. It will be a toss up between him and Fat Sam.

Happy Birthday Alan.

Hope you've spent the day expecting your family to announce a surprise party, only to discover later this evening that they've deliberately ignored your birthday because you're a cunt.

Happy Birthday Alan.

Hope you've spent the day expecting your family to announce a surprise party, only to discover later this evening that they've deliberately ignored your birthday because you're a cunt.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D