Newcastle United 2-1 West Ham 16/01/16 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Mike

Shelvey has been impressive. Once again I feel like Colback has been our worse player. His positioning is ridiculous, he's basically standing 3metres form Shelvey at all time. If that's not on him, then McClaren is an idiot.

Seems unnecessarily harsh when we've been this dominant. I don't disagree that he still doesn't offer much of anything, but I couldn't give a s*** if it works as a partnership. Mitro seems to be my candidate for player not doing his job, as he's showing the standard performance of a striker with no confidence.

Mitro is busting his ass off. And yes, Colback doesn't offer much, but his positioning does my head in. He needs to try and complement Shelvey not do exactly what he is doing.

I mean, it's their first game together, we're 2-0 up against 5th place, and Shelvey has looked like Xabi Alonso. I reckon I'm OK with this performance.

I'm happy as well, but won't let Colback escape shit just cause we're winning. Hate him :lol:

Shelvey has been impressive. Once again I feel like Colback has been our worse player. His positioning is ridiculous, he's basically standing 3metres form Shelvey at all time. If that's not on him, then McClaren is an idiot.

Seems unnecessarily harsh when we've been this dominant. I don't disagree that he still doesn't offer much of anything, but I couldn't give a s*** if it works as a partnership. Mitro seems to be my candidate for player not doing his job, as he's showing the standard performance of a striker with no confidence.

Mitro is busting his ass off. And yes, Colback doesn't offer much, but his positioning does my head in. He needs to try and complement Shelvey not do exactly what he is doing.

It's when West Ham start pressing us at some point that I'm going to start getting worried. Colback's fine when we are on the up, but when we step off the gas I don't think he'll be able to close the gaps.

We need a 3rd. If West Ham get one, I can see wor little shitting themselves. Confidence will still be fragile.

I agree that if they get a goal back our confidence can take a hit, but I do think all we need to do is just control the game more which we didn't really do for the last 10 minutes of the first half.

I mean, it's their first game together, we're 2-0 up against 5th place, and Shelvey has looked like Xabi Alonso. I reckon I'm OK with this performance.

I'm happy as well, but won't let Colback escape shit just cause we're winning. Hate him :lol:

gotta pick your battles marra, the time will come when he serves up a massive pile of shite, at which point you pounce

Need to keep the tempo up like, towards the end of the first half we took the foot off the gas. We need about a 5 goal advantage before we can try the patented NUFC defensive collapse.

Why is the crowd so fucking quiet.