Newcastle United 2-1 West Ham 16/01/16 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Mike

Wow Gouffran :lol: reminds me of when I played mini rugby as a kid and our winger forgot which way we were going so he ran the length of the field to score an own-try.

We never saw him again after we all stopped laughing. Oh the harsh reality of being a 7 year old idiot. :lol:

Mitrovic is such a dud. The faster we relegate him to sub status the better!

He's not a dud, but he's just not ready to lead the line and get us 15-20 goals a season

15-20 goals? He'd be lucky to get 10 goals! He can thrash the ball but he has absolutely no finishing skills.

36 league goals in 2 years for Anderlecht suggests you're wrong.

Or, and I know it's an almost inconceivable notion, he's still adapting to the league and a new team.

Mitrovic is such a dud. The faster we relegate him to sub status the better!

He's not a dud, but he's just not ready to lead the line and get us 15-20 goals a season

15-20 goals? He'd be lucky to get 10 goals! He can thrash the ball but he has absolutely no finishing skills.

36 league goals in 2 years for Anderlecht suggests you're wrong.

Or, and I know it's an almost inconceivable notion, he's still adapting to the league and a new team.

His performance today deserves a goal. Been a real handful.

Mitrovic needs time.  I love what he's about as a player.  I remember a lot of the big strikers weren't instantly prolific.  They seem to develop later than pacey strikers and last longer overall.  It's why it was a gamble for us to sign him so young though.

Where is Sissoko? He needs to chip in with more goal threat as well to help our attack. At least Mitro is getting into the right situations.

Mitro is a striker, Sissoko is a winger, bit of a difference

Just saying it would help a lot.

Need to try and stick it out with Mitro. If he wasn't making any impact and not getting chances then i'd be worried.

On the other hand when this goes 2-2 and we then wonder WTF we are doing relying on such a young lad for goals.