Watford 2-1 Newcastle United 23/1/16 - Post-match reaction from page 28

Greg

Mitrovic love in man, what the fuck are yous onabout? :lol:

He's 21, been here 6 months, and has looked really handy at times. He clearly shouldn't be leading the line for us, I don't think anyone has said otherwise. You're creating arguments and then shooting them down.

Some people have said he should be leading the line like, Semtex is one that I can definitely recall

He's the only "lead the line" type striker we have though. So Semtex is right.

He meant instead of buying a striker

Charlie Austin :) Yeah we really dodged a bullet there

We'll have the last laugh when his left leg explodes.

Why? I like the player, and wish the club had paid the 15m for him during the summer. He wanted to come here, we never made a bid.

You know him , do you?

What are you on about?

It was widely reported over the summer that he would welcome a move here. Or do you back up childish statements with petulant ones?

Good.

No its not fucking good, if you want us to lose, go support Sunderland.

Of course it's good. One step closer to relegation.

Aye I'm sure you were gutted when Dummett equalised against Man U or when we outplayed West Ham last week.

No, not all, but that's not the point though is it?

Well either you want us to lose or you don't. Didn't hear you complaining last week when we won.

Yeah, I want us to lose every single game until Ashley's gone, but I'm not going to cry if we win one or two.

Then whats the fucking point in supporting us?

It's mental they don't think we need a good CB, like. It's just as important as getting a striker in, IMO.

Lascelles showed up the other end how important it can be too. A powerful defender probably gets us 3-4 goals a season from set pieces and is involved in creating a few more too.

Guest palnese

Good.

Aye I'm sure you were gutted when Dummett equalised against Man U or when we outplayed West Ham last week.

Well either you want us to lose or you don't. Didn't hear you complaining last week when we won.

Yeah, I want us to lose every single game until Ashley's gone, but I'm not going to cry if we win one or two.

Jesus. I want Ashley out. I want a club with a wee bit of ambition. Nothing will change until Ashley is gone and I can't support that. Simples.

Good.

No its not f***ing good, if you want us to lose, go support Sunderland.

Then whats the f***ing point in supporting us?

It's awful craic, just ignore him man. Does the same thing every match thread looking for reactions.

Good.

Why don't you go and post on a Watford board tonight then, since you were apparently supporting them today? Or you could just stop pretending you want us to lose because you think it makes you look cool.

Guest palnese

Good.

Why don't you go and post on a Watford board tonight then, since you were apparently supporting them today? Or you could just stop pretending you want us to lose because you think it makes you look cool.

Christ on a bike. You don't get it, do you?

Good.

No its not f***ing good, if you want us to lose, go support Sunderland.

Then whats the f***ing point in supporting us?

It's awful craic, just ignore him man. Does the same thing every match thread looking for reactions.

Good.

Jesus. I want Ashley out. I want a club with a wee bit of ambition. Nothing will change until Ashley is gone and I can't support that. Simples.

I get wanting Ashley to leave, but there has been absolutely no sign that he will leave, if we go down, he gets parachute payments, hes still wins. He also didn't leave last time we went down, why would he now? All signs point to him being here a long long time. So whats the point in just breathing in negativity every weeks. Also what likely to happen if you keep wanting us to lose, you will inevitably stop paying attention, and drift away, then when he ends up leaving/ dying, you wont give two shits, and will never come back.

Good.

Christ on a bike. You don't get it, do you?

No, I don't get it because you only harp on about wanting us to lose when we actually lose. Trying to wind people up, basically.

I thought the reaction on here during the game was a bit strong considering all of the problems with team selection. We've had to completely change the system to try and work around this left back problem, we've had two new players in Shelvey and Saviet starting, Aarons and Lascelles have played about 6 games between them and we've had to sacrifice Perez to try and plug the gaps. We haven't got the type of squad to be able to work around those sorts of issues. Don't get me wrong the performance wasn't good enough but McClaren is once again getting pelters and I'm struggling to see what else we could have done. Most people seemed happy with what he was trying before the game.

On the mild positive side the results were not terrible for us today, if Swansea lose it's more or less as you were at the bottom and then we'll hopefully have a more familiar looking line-up going into the next match. A slight side note, Thauvin must be finished here? We need a goal and he doesn't get a look in and he's starting Aarons who has played 1 reserve game in half a season ahead of him. I really wanted it to work out for him here but if he isn't going to be played he's taking up a spot on the bench.

This will almost certainly go down the final weeks for us.

So angry about today.

So we finally start putting together decent performances with the 4-2-3-1 setup, culminating in a great performance and result last week, and then he goes and changes the system, and drops a player that scored last week also?!

Sorry but he absolutely had to play Chancel at full back and introduce either Lascelles or Taylor alongside Colo, and leave everything else as it was.

All on the manager today IMO. Terrible team selection from the outset.

I would have just stuck Gouffran in at left back, it's atrocious but it allows us to hopefully continue from where we left off last week where the midfield and attack were in sync.

The thing is in the first half we in the game a lot, but the wing-backs weren't creating anything and there wasn't really a plan B. There was rarely anyone ahead of them to help out and Sissoko and Wijnaldum were lost in the middle.

We've had to completely change the system to try and work around this left back problem

No.  No we didn't.

How did we not? He obviously didn't think any of the centre backs could play at left back while keeping the rest of the team the same or I'm guessing he would have done it considering Colback was supposed to play there.

We've had to completely change the system to try and work around this left back problem

No.  No we didn't.

How did we not? He obviously didn't think any of the centre backs could play at left back while keeping the rest of the team the same or I'm guessing he would have done it considering Colback was supposed to play there.

We could have just played somebody at left back and kept the same system.

No.  No we didn't.

We could have just played somebody at left back and kept the same system.

I'm guessing he would have if there was someone capable of playing there. I could be wrong mind.