Watford 2-1 Newcastle United 23/1/16 - Post-match reaction from page 28

Greg

I thought they looked like a better managed side

we looked like a team which has lovely training sessions and well coached in a general sense but dont have a winner for a manager if that makes sense??

Its exactly how I see him

At the bar at half time a watford supporting mate said to me that he thought theyd do well to get a point: i said theyd beat us. Why? Their strikers. If we switched off at all tbey would score. And they did. Second half we werent awake yet and ighalo pounced. At no point did i think deapite how pretty some of our passing look that mitro is gonna do them or ginis gonna score or a half chance and well punsh them

We looked like a team that has made the same excuses for losing games all season. "if we keep playing like that we'll win more games than we lose" etc.

This is a problem. Were kind of sleepwalking to relegation. Because our entire reason for existing currently as a club is not to win matches. Not to be the best we can be. And because we play ok at times appatently its ok

At the bar at half time a watford supporting mate said to me that he thought theyd do well to get a point: i said theyd beat us. Why? Their strikers. If we switched off at all tbey would score. And they did. Second half we werent awake yet and ighalo pounced. At no point did i think deapite how pretty some of our passing look that mitro is gonna do them or ginis gonna score or a half chance and well punsh them

pretty much how it was.

Few people assuming Watford are utter w*** and we should have turned them over today. Bit strange given their recent losses have generally come against very good sides.

We obviously weren't great today and if anything our transfer policy hurt us by forcing us into a formation we never looked totally comfortable with. Still struggling with trying to fit 2 or 3 number 10s into a team when we have a striker who'd (potentially) thrive off decent crosses.

Have we had a decent cross come in from the left all season?

From Lee Ryder's ratings:

Chancel MBEMBA 6

Started off quite well at left-back but is clearly much more effective in the middle and ended the game frustrated after booking for a bad foul.

Was he even at the game??

Aarons was a very strange choice for that role as well, given he's an attacker, has hardly played and neither have Lascelles or Saivet.

For sure, I'd expect him to be rusty in his natural position, let alone having to compensate for defensive duties.

Not good enough - needed a point as a minimum from this game and only briefly looked like getting anything for a spell in the first half ; once their strikers started getting at our defence there was only going to be one winner.....

The clock is ticking and speeding up...be in the bottom 3 at the end of Feb and it will take a miracle to survive.

Not good enough - needed a point as a minimum from this game and only briefly looked like getting anything for a spell in the first half ; once their strikers started getting at our defence there was only going to be one winner.....

The clock is ticking and speeding up...be in the bottom 3 at the end of Feb and it will take a miracle to survive.

:lol:

Some of the missed headers looked to be down to anxiety. The players tightened up and mistimed the opportunities.

We needed to get the first goal, and at that respect we were unlucky. Their first was a difficult call for the linesman, but Ighalo was definitely offside.

Saivet didn't particularly impress and Colback will be back when fit. Not a problem for me, but a problem for most on here it seems.

Aarons was a mistake, he was well off the pace. He did a couple of things down the wing but Defensively he was wandering what to do and where to position himslef. Why he didn't just keep the 4231 and shuffle the back four, god knows...