Secret Tyne-Wear Derby (went well...got beat 6-0)

Guest thenorthumbrian

Phew, at least it wasn't 9-1, or that bugger would have went down for centuries.

I wonder if they'll claim this as some record?  In the same way they still go on about the 9-1.

"Biggest derby victory post WWII marra.  6-0.  FTM."

40 page thread (and counting) on this kick about over on RTG  :lol:

It's not like we've reacted sensibly TBF.

I think the majority on here and the majority viewpoint is extremely sensibly regarding this.

To question who, why and what on earth anyone connected to NUFC thought this crassly, idiotic and moronic idea would be benficial to our low on confidence players seems eminently sensible?

If a friendly was needed there are far more sensible options, both locally and nationally that could have been sourced.

Anyone who thinks this does not give their club a boost and ours a dent is mistaken imo.

As triggs said the bigger question is how the f*** can a team lose 6-0.  :lol:

But to have questions over the whole rationale that went into this utterly cretinous decision is justified, again imo.

....and Beardsley says there isn't a losing culture in the club - despite his young side getting tonked every week.

We can't even get a respectable score in a friendly against the Mackems...I would LOVE to have heard what Bill Shankly would have said if it had happened to Liverpool in a friendly v Everton ; he once said that there were only 2 teams in Liverpool, Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Well, there are only 2 PL clubs in the NE and the other one seems to be Sunderland Reserves...!

Is there NO depths this club can sink further into ?

....and Beardsley says there isn't a losing culture in the club - despite his young side getting tonked every week.

We can't even get a respectable score in a friendly against the Mackems...I would LOVE to have heard what Bill Shankly would have said if it had happened to Liverpool in a friendly v Everton ; he once said that there were only 2 teams in Liverpool, Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Well, there are only 2 PL clubs in the NE and the other one seems to be Sunderland Reserves...!

Is there NO depths this club can sink further into ?

Doesn't really work, when despite our shitness for years on end.  They still somehow manage to be equally as shit, if not worse.

One of my mates is friends with McClaren's son. Anyway apparently Sunderland just had Watmore standing next to our keeper and kept punting it up to him. As it was a training ground match there were no linesmen and one of their coaches were refereeing the match (all local referee's were busy with non-league games), that's how they managed to score so many past us.

Apparently it was a shit school boy type of match, Sunderland were the ones who proposed he idea and they wanted it at the SOS, we apparently wanted it at the training ground. We went into it knowing that they would kick the shit out out of us, and they did (hence why we never played any of our first 11), our players refused to shake the hands of the players who were kicking our players down.

One of my mates is friends with McClaren's son. Anyway apparently Sunderland just had Watmore standing next to our keeper and kept punting it up to him. As it was a training ground match there were no linesmen and one of their coaches were refereeing the match (all local referee's were busy with non-league games), that's how they managed to score so many past us.

Apparently it was a s*** school boy type of match, Sunderland were the ones who proposed he idea and they wanted it at the SOS, we apparently wanted it at the training ground. We went into it knowing that they would kick the s*** out out of us, and they did (hence why we never played any of our first 11), our players refused to shake the hands of the players who were kicking our players down.

Well that sounds like a load of blatant lies.

Apparently it was a s*** school boy type of match, Sunderland were the ones who proposed he idea and they wanted it at the SOS, we apparently wanted it at the training ground. We went into it knowing that they would kick the s*** out out of us, and they did (hence why we never played any of our first 11), our players refused to shake the hands of the players who were kicking our players down.

:lol:

All local referees were busy with non-league games at 2pm on a Wednesday afternoon, that traditional kick off time.

All local referees were busy with non-league games at 2pm on a Wednesday afternoon, that traditional kick off time.

Yeah, most local referee's work full time and they have a number of midweek games at night time to referee in non-league football due to postponements from Christmas time.

"Reet lads, let's have a training game, but lads what we'll do is reet, we'll have nee linesmen and not play to the normal rules so it's totally pointless reet. That'll show them Jawdees who's top dogs ey lads. FTM."

I also like how they got their non-striker to stand by the keeper rather than N'Doye/Fletcher, trademark tomfoolery from the Sunlun.

Yeah, most local referee's work full time and they have a number of midweek games at night time to referee in non-league football due to postponements from Christmas time.

Aye but there weren't any non league games played last night.

I'm passing on what I heard. I don't give a shit if any of you believe me or not.

For what it's worth McCalren has ruled out any future behind the scenes friendlies with them in future.

He's a sharp one that McClaren, didn't take him long to suss out the mackems hate us.

They never had the nets up so it might have even been 7

I heard they didn't even bother with goalposts and just put tracksuit tops down instead. They had Watmore stood in our goal the entire match and the little tinker kept making our goal bigger when no one was looking.