Everton 3-0 Newcastle United - 03/02/16 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Greg

I've calmed down a bit. I didn't expect us to win tonight but it was the manner of the defeat which stings.

We're in a relegation dogfight and we have a manager who chooses an experimental total lightweight forward line instead of a system that we know causes teams problems (which really was our only shot tonight)

He could have left Perez or Wijnaldum (or both) on the bench tonight and been brave, but he's shown himself to be a total coward when it comes to making those difficult decisions.

When Saivet came off tonight, it was obvious he's the easy target. Soon as Colback is fit, Saivet will be watching from the bench. Shame as he was arguable our best player till being hauled off. Hope I'm wrong but can't see him being favoured, Shelvey was awful.

When Saivet came off tonight, it was obvious he's the easy target. Soon as Colback is fit, Saivet will be watching from the bench. Shame as he was arguable our best player till being hauled off. Hope I'm wrong but can't see him being favoured, Shelvey was awful.

Yep

Right again and it begs the question why pay 5 million for a player who I think will hardly play when the 'crap one' returns. He looked tidy with the ball and put in a few decent challenges also.

Completely predictable performance away from home - team badly set-up from the off and the lack of a decent striker was obvious throughout the game ; Mitrovic is never going to get many goals but he would have taken the weight off Perez who fought a losing battle up front. Townsend did what he is good at, running at defenders then losing the ball and our lack of a decent LB/CB showed that the transfer window is far from the 'good' one that many fans believed it to be ; Aarons awful tackle put the seal on their win by conceding a stupid penalty and Lascelles showed his lack of experience by doing the same and getting sent off whilst Mitrovic missed a total sitter just after arriving on the field.

Poor manager, lousy backroom management, owner uninterested in anything but TV money and square-peg-in-round-hole players, most of whom couldn't give a stuff about the club....yes, anything other than 3 points v WBA will have the writing firmly on the wall....

:lol: This page has been the highlight of tonight.

Had such stiff competition going up against Kaka calling a young winger playing LB pathetic as well.

My man, it was a pathetic challenge. Never mind a left winger, even a striker should know you don't dive in on a player like that in the box. He should be embarrassed.

:lol: This page has been the highlight of tonight.

Had such stiff competition going up against Kaka calling a young winger playing LB pathetic as well.

My man, it was a pathetic challenge. Never mind a left winger, even a striker should know you don't dive in on a player like that in the box. He should be embarrassed.

I'm just playing man :lol:

I've calmed down a bit. I didn't expect us to win tonight but it was the manner of the defeat which stings.

We're in a relegation dogfight and we have a manager who chooses an experimental total lightweight forward line instead of a system that we know causes teams problems (which really was our only shot tonight)

He could have left Perez or Wijnaldum (or both) on the bench tonight and been brave, but he's shown himself to be a total coward when it comes to making those difficult decisions.

Agreed.

Was baffled as to why he had Perez up on his own when we've just signed players like Townsend, and will no doubt be looking to get crosses in from out wide. Mitro should have started in my opinion, or at least give Doumbia a try. One of the frustrating things about this club in the last 10 years is that we've backed the wrong managers with so much money and time. Had Hughton or Keegan have been given 50 million in one window we'd probably have been much better off.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Starting lineups have been dubious in the last 2 matches. Ayoze upfront with nobody in support was painful to watch during the first half.

Genuinely feel like that is one of the worst performances I've seen in the last 2 seasons.  Rivals anything Carver and Pardew served up.  If it wasn't for Elliot and some awful finishing from them, it could have easily been 5 or 6.

The team is a shambles.  When we play at SJP, at least there appears to be a bit of passion and desire.  We even look dangerous at times.  Away from home, we play like a team that has already been relegated.  I think Elliot deserves some praise.  I know he's not well liked on here and I'm not his biggest fan.  But when he plays well, he deserves credit.  Janmaat looked arsed at least and Shelvey was trying to pass forward and constantly tried to direct traffic.  Even though no fucker in front of him was actually looking for the ball or making a run.  Townsend is rapid and managed a 90, which is more than I expected.  As for the rest of them....  Gutless and anonymous. 

The buck stops with one man, though.  The wind burnt, farmer faced, beetroot headed prick in the dugout.  Such a wank manager.  I really have no idea what we try and do away from home.  It seems to be keep it tight and try to score one of the two chances you create all game.  Then just hope the other team doesn't score.  Sound familiar?  Pardew's plan in a nutshell.  I'm sure even that fraud didn't have such an abysmal away record, mind.