Newcastle United vs West Bromwich Albion - 06/02/16 @ 3pm (No TV)

Sima

So hard to predict us these days - our home form has actually been OK of late (1 defeat in 5, and that was the pretty harsh late Everton winner) and the West Ham game was some of the best football we've played in ages.

Think a lot depends on how we start, if it's nervous and edgy or we go behind early then I think the crowd will turn, and that could be the beginning of the end for McClaren.

Our win against West Ham was hardly papering over the cracks, no matter how bad we were against Watford and Everton.

It was a genuinely good performance and underlined the capabilities of the team. The problem is that we don't replicate it, especially away from home.

Our win against West Ham was hardly papering over the cracks, no matter how bad we were against Watford and Everton.

It was a genuinely good performance and underlined the capabilities of the team. The problem is that we don't replicate it, especially away from home.

One decent performance all season I think that constitutes papering over the cracks personally.

One decent performance all season I think that constitutes papering over the cracks personally.

It hasn't been the only decent performance all season :lol:

It hasn't been the only decent performance all season[emoji38]

Exaggeration on my part but personally speaking I'm far from happy with how our performances have been this season and never wanted Steve in the first place.

Guest neesy111

Sorry but that performance was an anomaly, our performances all season have been rotten.

Someone help me out with something, what do I need to bring if I'm collecting tickets for the match at ticket office? and can i collect someone elses tickets?

I collected my tickets for West Ham game. Just gave my name and they asked the address and then handed them over

Sorry but that performance was an anomaly, our performances all season have been rotten.

I don't agree. However I wouldn't  argue that we have been good.

My main issue is with the use of the phrase, "papering over the cracks."

A win might hide bigger issues but "papering over the cracks" is wrong.

It certainly isn't, particularly for those of us who didn't want him in the first place.

Your last sentence is a total contradiction.

In my mind it's to do with consistency. We have good players and are more than capable of good football. Sadly it's 1 performance in 5.

I'm not going to argue for McClaren because I would be barking up the wrong tree. I won't criticise a good performance though.

We had a chance to build some momentum and climb out of the drop zone after the West Ham win and we blew it. Even if we win today, with the fixtures we have and the long gap after Chelsea, we're going to be in the mire come mid-March and every game against the teams around us has become 'must win'. This is the biggest game of the season because we need these points just to stay in touch after the two games after.

We are consistently shit like, as evidenced by our league position.

Exactly. :lol:

I'd love to believe we'll just turn it on when it really matters but that flies in the face of nearly all evidence to date.