Chelsea 5-1 Newcastle United - 13/2/16 post match discontent from pg. 36

Greg

In the pre-match interview our wonderful Steve spoke about how we must pass the ball and retention.

In the first sixty seconds three times we passed it back to Elliot for him to hoof it aimlessly upfield.

The players look completely devoid of confidence and either they don't agree with how they're being setup to play, or are just completely ignoring it.

Either way we're boned like this.

Chelsea pressed us like fuck for the first 10 or so. Easier said than done for an already limited side to keep the ball under high pressure.

Mitrovic really is not that good, not even attempting to win a header today

He's against John Terry and the ball is floating way over his head, f*** all he can do.

Shearer would be doing all he could to give himself space, if it means a bit of grappling then so be it, Mitrovic has the height and build but doesn't know how to use it.

The delivery into him is fucking hopeless, Shearer wouldn't have been able to do anything with most of these balls sailing over his head. Needs to be flatter if that's the game plan.

So our remaining games are:

Stoke (a)

Bournmouth (h)

Leicester (a)

Mackems (h)

Norwich (a)

Southampton (a)

Swansea (h)

Liverpool (a)

Palace (h)

Villa (a)

Spurs (h)

City (a)

From that lot I'm thinking the maybe winnable matches are  Bournemouth, Norwich, Swansea and Villa. We might be lucky to get a draws against Stoke and Southampton, though we'd probably have to be very lucky - I can see the Mackems beating us yet again because they'll want it more and as usual we'll get beatings from Liverpool and City. Spurs I expect a loss but then I've expected that every time we've played them in recent times and somehow we've managed to get results in one form or another. Leicester is a definite win for them and to be honest I hope they win the league.

Actually starting to hate Sissoko. He just does not give a f***. Disgraceful lack of effort.

None of them look like they care.  If we get relegated they can either leave or sit on their full salaries.  None have relegation clauses as far as I am aware.

Guest neesy111

f***ing hope Shelvey is injured. useless c***

:lol: He's been one of our better players so far.

He's been unbelievably lazy when he's had to track back.  See 3rd goal.

Haven't coped with Chelsea off the ball at all. They're pressing high and not giving us time on the ball either, which we've had in spades in the last 2 home games. Taylor and Tiote have been brutally exposed so far.

Correct. Any half decent team will just do this to us for the rest of the season and we'll be f***ed.

Our mentality and organisation are just so s*** though, we look fragile as f***. That should be the first thing a new manager sorts

A manager can't exactly legislate for individual f***ups 3 minutes into a game like.

What about not having a gameplan away from home, constantly conceding shit goals and only scoring 6 away, all season?

Individual mistakes are happening quite often, it would seem. Poor ol McClaren.

:lol: He's been one of our better players so far.

Yeah but we're not winning. So everyones to blame regardless of how much they can affect that.

Aarons, Taylor & Colo have been poor. Thats about it.

Guest firetotheworks

[emoji38]He's been one of our better players so far.

He's been our best player by a mile. The only one who hasn't been rubbish.