Blackburn Rovers 1-3 Newcastle United - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Guest optimistic nit

roeder and souness' problems are that their absolutely no fucking good when things are going badly. anyone can manage a football team on a roll, but roeder had to wait until a player got back, and one got injured before things started to pick up.

5 live seemed to be suggesting that the zog could face aban because replays showed him punching someone

I just caught that on the radio. Hit someone in the stomach apparently.

The image of that has me laughing for some reason.

Big Dunc's punch to Scharner in the stomach before was class mind. :lol:

Babayaro punching Cahill in the nose was class anarl. :lol:

really could do without the suspension though

Whats up with obrien at the moment?

we nearly lost the 3 points thanx to roeder..

Explain

simple

he played milner out of postion,he is no nobby solano

though pattison was a waste,he show a bit good stuff and a bit bad aswell,couldve sealed the win but his shot was horrible

he couldve taken more advantage of them game,attack more instead of set back and defend,this season we lost two games by the score of 2-1 thanx to the fact that our seconed half if often very poor,today was not a day to bring the likes of rossi and pattison on,maybe giving luque who is more experinced some time wouldve been much better..

if brad friedel got his head to the ball that wouldve been a game to remember :D

What did you want him to do soccer master? Taylor was struggling with an injury and that's why Huntingdon didn't come on immediately, so Milner dropped in to right back and Rossi on the wing. Sibierski then got an injury in a block challenge and then Huntington came on, went in to right back and Milner pushed on. Where's the problem? Or would you rather have had Luque at right back?

not really,wouldve rather see him play at LW the pattison!

also he is a winger,he couldve replaced solano and play at the right wing,sure he is left footed but so is rossi,who we won't even get anything from when he leaves in january

of course bringing huntington on was the rite thing to do,thought he looked solid,we should give him more chances..

In fairness to Roeder, I'd say having 11 players out before we kicked off today would qualify as "things going badly" and we put on one hell of a performance in the first half and had enough fortitude to hold out during the second 45 minutes. We also beat a high-flying Reading with the same starting 11.

Don't know how we're doing it, but we are. He's obviously no Mourinho, but things have undoubtedly got better over the past weeks.

Even with a full team Chelski away is a virtual write-off. The home game with Watford is more important in my opinion - hopefully Ken Dire will be back, maybe Parker for Emre although hopefully not Carr - I don't think it's co-incidental we are on a run without the leprechaun in the team.

we nearly lost the 3 points thanx to roeder..

Explain

simple

he played milner out of postion,he is no nobby solano

though pattison was a waste,he show a bit good stuff and a bit bad aswell,couldve sealed the win but his shot was horrible

he couldve taken more advantage of them game,attack more instead of set back and defend,this season we lost two games by the score of 2-1 thanx to the fact that our seconed half if often very poor,today was not a day to bring the likes of rossi and pattison on,maybe giving luque who is more experinced some time wouldve been much better..

if brad friedel got his head to the ball that wouldve been a game to remember :D

What did you want him to do soccer master? Taylor was struggling with an injury and that's why Huntingdon didn't come on immediately, so Milner dropped in to right back and Rossi on the wing. Sibierski then got an injury in a block challenge and then Huntington came on, went in to right back and Milner pushed on. Where's the problem? Or would you rather have had Luque at right back?

not really,wouldve rather see him play at LW the pattison!

also he is a winger,he couldve replaced solano and play at the right wing,sure he is left footed but so is rossi,who we won't even get anything from when he leaves in january

of course bringing huntington on was the rite thing to do,thought he looked solid,we should give him more chances..

Ah yes, so he replaces Solano and goes to right wing and Milner goes to right back, which you just complained about. Pattison was a lot more likely to defend and get stuck in and even break sweat than Luque was, good decision by Roeder in my book. Have people playing who actually want the best for the club.

Man City          17 20

Fulham            17 20

Newcastle      16 19

Middlesbrough 17 17

Blackburn        16 16

Sheff Utd        16 16

West Ham      17 15

Charlton          17 12

Watford          16 11

:thup:

I agree with Jonny, would much rather have Hughes here. Again, we pick up 3 points depsite of Roeder rather than because of him.

slightly confused - surely Roeder has done better for us than Hughes has for B'Burn - or do you just have an agenda you're set on following? Blaming Roeder for winning!

We won 3-1, moved up the table a bit more, above Blackburn and yet you still moan

Hold on, we were 2-0 up against 10 men at half-time and we end up being under pressure the entire second half, with Blackburn pushing for an equaliser.. and Roeder is supposed to be praised for his performance? I've always thought we wouldn't be involved in a relegation fight long-term, if only for the strength of our individuals, but Roeder remains one of the weakest managers in the league, in my mind.

well,u make a good point...the whole pattison thing

but he couldve brought huntington on Eariler..instead of going for rossi..

or he couldve replaced emre with luque,play him upfront,return sibreski to his original postion as a play maker,and keep zoggy at left back,he is more likley to defend then both pattison and luque wich he showed in the nice tackle..

also can u explain how come our brilliant first half peformence turned into a struggle to hold the defence in the seconed half,if it hadn't been for that given save,we wouldve been upset today..

anyway,a win is a win,and thats all that matters...

Shut the F*** up hughes.. he's on beeb saying our goals were offside and that it was never a sending off.

On the radio they said the first goal was definitely onside.

5 live? Aye I heard that aswell.. Hughes is just blaiming everyone for the loss. "He feels hard done by"

I agree with Jonny, would much rather have Hughes here. Again, we pick up 3 points depsite of Roeder rather than because of him.

slightly confused - surely Roeder has done better for us than Hughes has for B'Burn - or do you just have an agenda you're set on following? Blaming Roeder for winning!

We won 3-1, moved up the table a bit more, above Blackburn and yet you still moan

Hold on, we were 2-0 up against 10 men at half-time and we end up being under pressure the entire second half, with Blackburn pushing for an equaliser.. and Roeder is supposed to be praised for his performance? I've always thought we wouldn't be involved in a relegation fight long-term, if only for the strength of our individuals, but Roeder remains one of the weakest managers in the league, in my mind.

10 men often do well. Not sure how you missed that, as it's fairly common, tbh.

If the Zog gets banned maybe O'Brien will get a start - he'll have more chance than Luque!

from what i saw today,i think big pav have a better chance to play as LW then luque :D

I'd rather play Obrien left wing.. he adds even more pace in attack. By the way isn't Duff returning soon?

Shut the fuck up hughes.. he's on beeb saying our goals were offside and that it was never a sending off.

It was level at worst, definitely not "offside" in the literal interpretation.

The red card came after Henchoz had got away with 2 previous fouls, further justification for the straight red (as well as it being what the law says.)

Martins turned him and Henchoz rugby tackled him to the ground.

Man City          17 20

Fulham            17 20

Newcastle      16 19

Middlesbrough 17 17

Blackburn        16 16

Sheff Utd        16 16

West Ham      17 15

Charlton          17 12

Watford          16 11

:thup:

West Ham only have 14 from 16, that table is counting the Bolton game that's just kicked off as remaining a draw.

If the Zog gets banned maybe O'Brien will get a start - he'll have more chance than Luque!

from what i saw today,i think big pav have a better chance to play as LW then luque :D

I'd rather play Obrien left wing.. he adds even more pace in attack. By the way isn't Duff returning soon?

physioroom.com say his injury is till december 26

didnt anyone else noticed that we started winning since he got injured and zoggy took his place?

Shut the fuck up hughes.. he's on beeb saying our goals were offside and that it was never a sending off.

It was level at worst, definitely not "offside" in the literal interpretation.

Just seen some highlights... and Martins' first goal is 100% onside. Easy decision.

Guest thefrankfurter

I watched the entire 90 mins and I dont see why we have newcastle fans arguing with each other?!?

We had a depleted side to start with, lost Emre, Sibierski and Nobby. Ended up with a first appearance for Huntington, Milner playing RB, Rossi playiong RW, Pattison playing LW and we still won 3 - 1!!!

Sort it out people, today was a great day, for everyone. It doesnt matter that we were outplayed for 44mins of the second half.... end of the day we had a knackered team and won away 3-1.

Job done  bluewink.gif

Fair play to Glenn hes doing well and not using the injuries as an excuse for previously faltering. Cant fault him for that. Taylor nad either Moore or Ramage should always be the centre pairing for me. Get Titus out in a few weeks and a good replacement and a left back and the back 4 starts to look not too shabby.