sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

nobody is buying pickford for decent money like, absolutely nobody, kone on the other hand...

According to totalsport last night, Kone's release clause is £25m.

They were discussing where various monies (New TV deal, players sales, etc) have gone over last year, and apparently they've been losing roughly £20m a season with Short making up the rest. Hence most of the big TV money went into the clubs debt, not on players.

Consensus was, even if they sold Kone and Pickford for big money in January, that most of their fees would be absorbed by the debt in the club, leaving very little to be spent on new players.

:iamatwat:

£25m for kone?  pfft, be amazed if anyone ponied that up as well, everton spring to mind having cash to spend

can he play LB :pardsgrin:

They were offered £17m for him in the summer. Since then his stock has dropped considerably so I'd be amazed if anyone was prepared to offer anything close to £25m and even if they did the money would only be used to absorb some of this year's losses anyway!

£25m for kone?  pfft, be amazed if anyone ponied that up as well, everton spring to mind having cash to spend

They were offered £17m for him in the summer. Since then his stock has dropped considerably so I'd be amazed if anyone was prepared to offer anything close to £25m and even if they did the money would only be used to absorb some of this year's losses anyway!

Was he not instrumental in their 3 wins recently?

Was he not instrumental in their 3 wins recently?

Couldn't tell you. Playing Defoe and Anichebe up top together seems to have been highlighted as the main reason. I do know he's had far more criticism than praise this season.

Think they'd do well to get anything near £10m for Pickford, even with the 'English premium', bearing in mind he's only played 20(?) or so Premier League games.

I must be the only one who doesn't rate him that highly amongst our support. Don't get me wrong local lad and I want him to do well. His reflexes and distribution are brilliant, however...

Flaps at crosses

Poor decision making

Tends to parry when a catch would do

Think they'd do well to get anything near £10m for Pickford, even with the 'English premium', bearing in mind he's only played 20(?) or so Premier League games.

I must be the only one who doesn't rate him that highly amongst our support. Don't get me wrong local lad and I want him to do well. His reflexes and distribution are brilliant, however...

Flaps at crosses

Poor decision making

Tends to parry when a catch would do

That will come with experience though. Especially the decision making part. If he progresses as he should, and playing behind a shite defence showcases his talents incidentally, then he can be whatever he wants to be. Almost certainly won't be for Sunderland though.