sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Might deploying Adnan Januzaj in the hole be the way forward for Sunderland’s Manchester United loanee? It certainly looked that way as David Moyes switched to 4-2-3-1 with the hitherto underwhelming Januzaj behind Jermain Defoe and flanked by Fabio Borini and the influential Victor Anichebe. Januzaj enjoyed the best game of his Wearside secondment as Sunderland’s survival hopes were sustained and, once again, Jordan Pickford shone in goal. Excellent with hands and, significantly, feet, could Pickford end up as a key element of Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City revolution? With Sunderland £140m in debt, shouldering a £73m wage bill and in peril of contravening Premier League remuneration cap rules, Moyes, who is lacking nine injured senior players, needs to sell either Pickford or Lamine Koné (whose contract contains a £25m release clause) next month in order to introduce new faces. It is a harsh, stark choice

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/dec/19/premier-league-ten-talking-points-weekend

Guest neesy111

Give Moyes his dues  mind. He's doing a pretty good job with what he's got to work with. He'll keep them up purely on the basis that they'll beat most the teams around them at home.

He's been lucky, not good.  In 3 of their 4 wins they were still 2nd best team.

Give Moyes his dues  mind. He's doing a pretty good job with what he's got to work with. He'll keep them up purely on the basis that they'll beat most the teams around them at home.

Did he sign Defoe or Aanholt? If not, I don't see why he should take any credit for them winning game after game with the only attacking threat they seem to have.

Did he sign Defoe or Aanholt? If not, I don't see why he should take any credit for them winning game after game with the only attacking threat they seem to have.

So no manager should get any credit if they didn't sign the player/s that's scoring goals?

He did bring in Anichebe for what it's worth which seems to have helped

Sorry but I don't think Moyes has made much difference regardless of what Rafa or Ranieri have done, it's ike comparing apples and oranges. Anichebe might have given them just enough extra to grab a win here or there, but Defoe or van Aanholt would be doing exactly the same regardless of whether Moyes was in charge or not.

Don't think it so much about who signed who, more is the current manager getting the most out of what he's got; or getting more out of them than previous incumbents. Thankfully (from what I've heard from a dyed in the wool macnamara mate) I haven't seen enough of them to comment.

I thinks he's currently squeezing the most he can get out of a very meagre bunch of players through a very unambitious style of play.

None of their recent victories were particularly convincing displays and on Saturday they performed to their optimum and just scraped a fortunate win against Watford.

There will be occasional wins but not many playing that way, however the teams around them who are playing more adventurously won't get many either.

totally this, Watford should have been out of sight, Mackems were dog shit

Sorry but I don't think Moyes has made much difference regardless of what Rafa or Ranieri have done, it's ike comparing apples and oranges. Anichebe might have given them just enough extra to grab a win here or there, but Defoe or van Aanholt would be doing exactly the same regardless of whether Moyes was in charge or not.

and this  O0

Defoe and PVA do what they have always done, Anichebe has had one decent game bulldozing his way to goal and hitting the cunt as hard as he can, another clogger who got lucky in one game in truth. They play long ball hoof footy up to Defoe hoping to get him in behind, in the first half v Watford he never got a sniff and was berating his team at the service, they are just about the second worst footballing team in the division and fuck their way to wins, seriously its not all sour grapes they are shocking and how they won on Saturday is beyond me, but its what they do, horrible horrible team.

its sad to see them getting out of it but ive said all along they just "know" how to spawn a win and will survive, Moyes has made NO  difference at all.

THREE scorers in the Premier League this season - unbelievable!

Aye, we'll be top six once our midfield start chipping in with a few goals  :lol:

Can't remember the last time a midfielder got goals for us. Hutchison?

Colback. :lol:

THREE scorers in the Premier League this season - unbelievable!

Aye, we'll be top six once our midfield start chipping in with a few goals  :lol:

Can't remember the last time a midfielder got goals for us. Hutchison?

AJ got a few  :blush: but I suppose he was a winger (amongst other things)