sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Open_C

Playing devil's advocate only here: if folk aren't coming anyway, you might as well try to get a fuller stadium and a bit of atmosphere and try to get people back at full price, like.

I understand, of course, the arguments against (primarily: it's a shame for those that have paid full price or have season tickets), but if you're not filling your stadium I can see why it's considered.

Playing devil's advocate only here: if folk aren't coming anyway, you might as well try to get a fuller stadium and a bit of atmosphere and try to get people back at full price, like.

I understand, of course, the arguments against (primarily: it's a shame for those that have paid full price or have season tickets)

:thup:

I understand, of course, the arguments against (primarily: it's a shame for those that have paid full price or have season tickets), but if you're not filling your stadium I can see why it's considered.

the only issue with this, imo, is if you give so many away for free- why would anybody pay full price when a bit of digging around could get you in for nothing, its not a wealthy area, and footballs not cheap. 

Partially agree with that but surely, with Liverpool being the opposition a fair few of those paying £1 for their tickets tomorrow would have paid the £12 or whatever it would normally be for a ticket so it's probably cost them money and for a club in excess of £150m in debt I would have thought every £1 would be vital. They get decent numbers through the turnstiles but their gate receipts are tiny which is one of the reasons they are in financial trouble.

Actually I've just typed that all out and realised I couldn't care less. Hopefully next season they let everyone in for free and go bankrupt.

Guest Open_C

Agree with you both CP and wallsendmag; just saying that I can see why they're doing it - because nee fucker wants to sit in a half empty stadium.

I don't think selling tickets for £1 is a bad thing to do necessarily (though as is pointed out above plenty buying them may otherwise have paid full price).  But the fact they have to do that shows how fucked they'll be financially if they lose the Premier League TV money.

Ticket prices will mean shit when they get relegated anyway, they're up to their necks in debt and with no saleable assets, no one is going to want to buy a club drowning in debt with no assets. Relegation surely must mean administration for them and the beginning of the end.

We may have "won relegation" but at least we didn't "win financial meltdown".

I still don't see why low ticket prices are a bad thing like :lol:

I think anyone would agree that reasonably priced tickets and even a number of free tickets for deserving causes is no bad thing. But that is very different to giving away thousands of free, or ridiculously cheap, tickets every game because your stadium is too big for the fan base.

All that will ultimately do is piss off those fans still daft enough to be paying for full price tickets i.e. their core client base.