sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Went on my own and never felt lonely" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What the actual f***?

Edit- Genuinely I have never viewed it as them sending us down. We were fucked regardless, and as always I view it as the Ashley regime that wrecked us, not those tramps.

I am still haunted by some footy fuck-ups. Missing out on very real prospect of wining the league in 1995-96 still, over 20 years on, on occasion genuinely still bothers me. Also, for some reason the 1998 (rather than 1999) FA Cup final can get under my skin, I think because I went to all bar one game, and was convinced this was the year and despite Arsenal's league form (typical luck to get to two consecutive FA Cup finals and play the Champions each time) they hadn't been playing that well in the cup run. Relegations, other cup 'could have beens', and defeats to the Makems, don't really stick for long with me. I imagine that if local rivalry and a battle against relegation are the main things you've had to focus on, for the last 40+years/ever then it is easy to assume that is also true for your local rivals, and that derby defeats/draws which contributed to relegation would haunt them in the way they would have haunted yourself. Or, for the less intellectually challenged, it is just a convenient source of banter.

Hahaha, RTG is like a bunch of tramps gathered round an oil-drum brazier reminiscing about the good old days:

"Remember when we beat Everton and sent the mags down? Great days!"

"Yeah, 6 in a row, we all chipped in for a plane a few times...."

"Remember 1-9? Record away win marra"

"I had a family once. Wonder what happened to Cheryl and the bairns. Never called. Never called...."

*back to reality*

"Who's got the rum?"

Sometimes you just have to remember what level of humanity you're dealing with there. Below are the comments of a beleaguered mackem on RTG after the Burnley match on Tuesday. You'd think having got away almost scot-free from the football authorities and media for knowingly playing a paedophile in their team they'd keep quiet about it, but no it seems they still celebrate their nonce hero. Little wonder most decent or sane supporters gave up on them ages ago.

Powder puff 11, couldn't pass to one another, only communicated with exasperated outstretched arms to each other, young uns singing about a sex offender who shags who he wants, nee meat and potato pies left. Signs of acrimony at the players and manager at the end. I could go on.

Sometimes you just have to remember what level of humanity you're dealing with there. Below are the comments of a beleaguered mackem on RTG after the Burnley match on Tuesday. You'd think having got away almost scot-free from the football authorities and media for knowingly playing a paedophile in their team they'd keep quiet about it, but no it seems they still celebrate their nonce hero. Little wonder most decent or sane supporters gave up on them ages ago.

Powder puff 11, couldn't pass to one another, only communicated with exasperated outstretched arms to each other, young uns singing about a sex offender who shags who he wants, nee meat and potato pies left. Signs of acrimony at the players and manager at the end. I could go on.

Never happened, never, ever, nope

I'm not local, so I don't know much about mackems in general, but judging from their forum they do seem to have somewhat of an inferiority complex towards Newcastle and Geordies.

"We sent them down!" rather than "We survived a relegation battle!" Seems rather asocial and aggressive to me.

I'm not local, so I don't know much about mackems in general, but judging from their forum they do seem to have somewhat of an inferiority complex towards Newcastle and Geordies.

"We sent them down!" rather than "We survived a relegation battle!" Seems rather asocial and aggressive to me.

Welcome to sunderland. We love fascist managers and paedos, we hate black player's mothers and we are the public face of division and stupidity in the UK. Heil Hail Brexit.

They do love the 'sent the mags down', 'relegated the mags', 'we put them there' line to the point of embarrassment.  Like we played each other and it was winner takes all.  They were playing Everton FFS!

If they drop this year and we go up I doubt we'll see 'took your place in the premiership' in every single thread. They definitely have some sort of complex with the world.

This week on 'Most Haunted' we go to Newcastle where their entire fanbase is under a curse due to a football result 8 months ago.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Haunted FFS!

To be honest it's class having them as neighbours as it's just pewa comedy gold listening to and watching them.

You clearly do understand what being a mackem is all about, despite not being local  :lol:

I've never met a mackem in real life that was anything like the denizens of RTG.

I have, a couple of friends of friends on nights out over there and the son (in his 30's) of an ex work mate. The work mate was great, followed them all over and always callled it like it was, good or bad.