sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"...during the 2012–13 season, Bristol City suffered a club record seven consecutive defeats. McInnes was sacked on 12 January 2013, after a 4–0 home defeat to Leicester City left the club eight points adrift of safety.."

Pardew-esque!

Nobody willing to admit they were wrong about Pickford then?

Think it's far too early to say how he will turn out. From what I have seen is he's done nothing any other keeper in the league couldn't do. Remember how we all rated Krul when he came on the scene, he's hardly turned out to be a £30m keeper.

Give credit to Sunderland though, they set their price and they got it.

Honestly didn't think they'd find anyone to give them a fee quite as big as that mind. Koeman thinks he's worth the cash though and that's all that matters but I was expecting about £17m plus a few million. They've done well.

We paid 15M for shearer and it was a world record.

That money today would buy you half a Pickford :lol:

Last season Everton won £132.1m in prize money. After the 1996/7 season, our club as a whole was worth just over £41m, and that was as 8th richest club in the world.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/special_report/1999/03/99/murdochs_big_match/270623.stm

And in 1998 we were the 5th richest club in the world, see attached . . . .

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=72784611&postcount=208

Nobody willing to admit they were wrong about Pickford then?

I think you will find 99% of football pundits i have listened to were also very surprised at the fee they got so it wasn't just us, but the way fees are going atm im not surprised.

They are cock a hoop but fail to understand they are in massive debt and won't see it reinvested especially with talk of a takeover.

I repeat the have sold the best they have, they have lost the only bloke in JD who scored goals, no manager, a chairman who wants out and a shockingly bad squad 7 weeks away from a new season, no new players being linked at all and a captain whos finished........imagine if that lot was how we were?

Happy fucking days :lol:

I didn't think there was a market for them to get the 30 million they were after. I was shocked that they got it and got it so easily and early in the window. That's hugely important for them because now they have time to re-invest that money. They still need to shift a bunch of other players if they are going to have enough cash to rebuild what is a wretched squad. If they get their manager sorted out though in the next few days, they will have given themselves a chance to be successful next season. There's definitely hope there now, where there was little before the start of this week.

It's 22mill up front with the rest potential (I'd guess England call up, Everton reaching champs league, so many games etc) so even if they get the lot it'll still be drip fed. Will the losses they're making plus the both of dropping down a division can they afford to reinvest that and will it be enough ?