sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They are going to have to take a risk on someone with no track record, but also someone who is stupid enough to not see that the problems there are way too deep for anyone to solve unless there is a fundamental change in their economic situation. The next person is on a hiding to nothing.

I honestly think though, and you can tell by the tone of the statement they made, that they believe this is some dream job for championship level managers and that they will be able to snag one of the manager of one of the high flyers in that division or someone even better. They are going to be in for a rude awakening when the quality of applicants manifests.

Full list (in order favourite first)

Kevin Phillips

John O'Shea

Alan Pardew

Sam Allardyce

Peter Reid

Craig Shakespeare

Phil Parkinson

Jurgen Klinsmann

Derek McInnes

Frank de Boer

Ryan Giggs

Aitor Karanka

Tony Adams

Paul Lambert

Nigel Adkins

Alan Stubbs

Paul Heckingbottom

Gordon Strachan

Tim Sherwood

Phil Neville

Some of the names that they're suggesting on RTG are just bizarre.  Keane or Poyet, their own players celebrated when Keane left.  Some have even suggested Lee Clark, guess they've forgotten about the t-shirt.

Won’t be Giggs as he has some sense of self-entitlement where he thinks he should be walking into a EPL club despite no record.

I would laugh if they hired a shit pundit like Philips.

Although Pardew would be hilarious I doubt he’d go there. Ruled himself out last time, too.

No chance will Fat Sam go back. He’s ego won’t let him go to a struggling championship team. Just like it convinced him he’s too good for Crystal Palace.

They’re really not spoiled for choice are they?

I think they'll go for a tried an tested formula, so am expecting a Baally/Reidy/Saxton/Sbragia/Crosby dream team to be appointed in the morning.

I read that as a baldy saxon, close enough though possibly too modern for Sunderland.

Karanka is probably the best realistic choice on that list but even he should think twice before going there, he would be doing his reputation no favours at all.

Remember when he temporary quit Boro due to the players lacking desire and having a poor attitude?

Imagine how short his temper would be for those unmotivated and depressed Sunderland players.