sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Phil Neville's latest quote

"All the previous managers have got vast experience and they have all had the same problems.

It needs somebody to go in there, grab those young players, be a little bit aggressive and give them something.

The place needs lifting. There is no positivity. I think it is an attractive proposition."

Wouldn’t possibly be trying to talk his brother or friend (Giggs) into the job would he?

Guest firetotheworks

Phil Neville was exactly the sort of player that I've imagined playing for Sunderland at some point for a reason I can't really put my finger on, so it wouldn't surprise me if he became involved with them either as a coach or manager.

Phil Neville was exactly the sort of player that I've imagined playing for Sunderland at some point for a reason I can't really put my finger on, so it wouldn't surprise me if he became involved with them either as a coach or manager.

Because he's ex Everton and Manchester United, two things they love?  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Could definitely be that like. Surprising that he wasn't among the ex-Man United/Everton players that went there when they were finished.

Well, ex-Everton/Man Utd so that increases the chances; add to the mix experience of being in the shadow of a more successive neighbour brother and he sounds a perfect match. [whoops...just read subsequent posts]

Grayson was sacked 17 minutes after the final whistle (BBC Sport). Quote from Bolton manager (Phil Parkinson) made me laugh, for some reason: " You normally go for a drink in the office. I will probably just get on the coach and give him a call later in the week."

I don't want it to be Reid. Despite his mackem connections i've always thought he seems like a good bloke, he used to take the "monkeys heed" chants in good humour and didn't feel the need to have digs in the press or whatever.  It'd be a shame to see him get dragged into their mess i think. 

Sewpa Kev would be fantastic.  He'd bring some of their crowd back initially but almost certainly end up failing miserably and being as unpoular as Grayson.  That would be beautiful 👌

Hopefully it's not Keane.  I quite enjoy his blunt, obnoxious punditry he's mint.  One of the few pundits actually worth listening to.

Pardew would be hilarious!  Their reaction would be absolutely class and he would more than likely f*** them up even more in the long-term.

***Edit***

I just thought, if there's one man who's guaranteed to fail to inspire their players, infuriate their fans and also wouldn't think twice about taking the job, it's Steve Mclaren!  Please make it happen!

Remember lads whoever they get will be instantly compared to Rafa, they'll all mention how Rafa took us down, spent s*** loads of money and then come to the conclusion that their new manager is better than Rafa.

Who would actually go there ? No money, a poor squad and come January the members of the squad that are worth a few beans will be sold, I think they need some sort of gimp that loves punishment and a few quid.