sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They'll be grounsharing with South Shields. Their ground a business park and still be going on about six in a row!

As well they should be. 6 in a row is fucking disgusting and may not ever be remedied :anguish:

It's fucking amazing (not in a good way), the first time they beat us we should have easily beaten them and been the final nail in the coffin for them. They literally stayed to do the record number of consecutive derby wins before fucking off forever so it couldn't be beaten.

Could easily drop. I think Burton are done but Birmingham and Bolton have started winning a few games.

If Hull or Barnsley hit any kind of form (i.e. get the odd win and a few draws) they will be absolutely fucked.

Guest firetotheworks

The worse they get the sadder and more bitter they get, like. It's remarkable.

The way that their default position is to just go against Newcastle or Newcastle fans, regardless of sense is utterly tragic. The way they think Redknapp was 'spot on' for his comments about Rafa, man. :lol: Sad cunts. It'll be incredible if we stay up and they go down to League One.

The worse they get the sadder and more bitter they get, like. It's remarkable.

The way that their default position is to just go against Newcastle or Newcastle fans, regardless of sense is utterly tragic. The way they think Redknapp was 'spot on' for his comments about Rafa, man. :lol: Sad cunts. It'll be incredible if we stay up and they go down to League One.

Then we get taken over and they go into administration with a lovely points deduction.

The way their debt is structured administration is the last option for them, their next option is to sell the ground and training facilities and rent them back

They’ll stay up but it’s hilarious how they’re finding the ‘pub league’!

No way do they stay up imo....They cant win games and are now starting to get spanked away from home couple that with having to play just about all of the top half and the teams around the bottom having more 6 pointers then them. SAFC only have Burton and Bolton to play whereas the rest have 4

We'll be following them soon in fairness. The way both our clubs have been run something has to give at some point.

In the next 5 years it wouldn't surprise me if we're both in League 1, or at best one in the Champo, one in L1.

They tried to get away with no planning and living week to week and they thought they had cheated death, but ultimately they got what they deserved for settling for 17th every season. We're in the same position, just going about it in a different manner.

Guest firetotheworks

If they weren't a win away from safety I'd say they were dead certs to go down, because just by watching them you'd certainly think they're going down.

We'll be following them soon in fairness. The way both our clubs have been run something has to give at some point.

In the next 5 years it wouldn't surprise me if we're both in League 1, or at best one in the Champo, one in L1.

They tried to get away with no planning and living week to week and they thought they had cheated death, but ultimately they got what they deserved for settling for 17th every season. We're in the same position, just going about it in a different manner.

Incredibly pessimistic assessment of our plight atm imo. There's a chance we might head that way but it's a very slim one just now.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, their situation is different. If we go that way it'll be by financial design rather than financial ineptitude.

Haven’t they only made a profit on one player in the last years or somethink daft? They’ve made so many horrible appointments and signings. I think the difference is they are genuinely skint now, and have been for a little now. Ours is wilful.

They've got 4 players either refusing to play or out on loan that must have cost them close to 40m in Khazri, Djilibodji, Lens and Rodwell, for a team in the relegation zone of the Championship that's ridiculous.

They’ll stay up but it’s hilarious how they’re finding the ‘pub league’!

No way do they stay up imo....They cant win games and are now starting to get spanked away from home couple that with having to play just about all of the top half and the teams around the bottom having more 6 pointers then them. SAFC only have Burton and Bolton to play whereas the rest have 4

"No way do they stay up" :lol: They're 1 win away from being out of the drop zone and the other teams are just as bad as them at picking up points. They've got every chance of staying up, which is still hilarious in itself how difficult they're finding this league.

Haven’t they only made a profit on one player in the last years or somethink daft? They’ve made so many horrible appointments and signings. I think the difference is they are genuinely skint now, and have been for a little now. Ours is wilful.

They've got 4 players either refusing to play or out on loan that must have cost them close to 40m in Khazri, Djilibodji, Lens and Rodwell, for a team in the relegation zone of the Championship that's ridiculous.

Add Borini and NDong onto that list as well.

Their biggest mistake was assuming they'd always just stay up, hence none of their players and especially the big earners had relegation clauses. If they go down again and he' still there, Rodwell will be on the same money in league 1!!

And they also have Kone in the team who looks like he doesn't want to be there, and plays as such.

Bet they wish they'd taken that bid from Everton for him now.

Their biggest mistake was assuming they'd always just stay up, hence none of their players and especially the big earners had relegation clauses. If they go down again and he' still there, Rodwell will be on the same money in league 1!!

And they also have Kone in the team who looks like he doesn't want to be there, and plays as such.

I sometimes listen to Totalsport on the way to work and i’ve heard about 5 or 6 mackems saying, “If Kone can get back to form he was in under Allardyce.....etc”

- That was 2 years ago and his good form only lasted about 3 or 4 months FFS  :lol:

Almost exactly the opposite of reality :lol:

It's well publicised that the whole squad except Rodwell had 40% wage drops in the case of relegation.

Off the top of my head, they've made money on PvA, Coates and Pickford (if you allow for the fact he was home-grown) lately.

Maybe Whickham too depending on how far you wanna go back.

Here's a question, and it's one I fear may become reality in the next few years given the sheer size of their debts - if Sunderland AFC were to find themselves in a position where they were reliant on a Hartlepool-style whip round to continue as a going concern, would you put a couple of quid in the bucket?

As deranged and bitter as a lot of their fans are, North East football is in enough of a state as it is without one of the two bigger clubs going to the wall.

Guest firetotheworks

No chance. Any spare cash I have would be going on saving NUFC.

Edit: It would be a shame like, obviously we have a rivalry and all that and loads of our fans would revel in it, as much as theirs would if we did, but it's not their fault and you're right about North East football being a mess. But nah, it would be very very low down on my list of outgoings like. :lol: