sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't reckon a Texan billionaire needs any help from us, like.  He can eat the loss and they can do it FC United style if they're that bothered.

Don't mistake the company for the club.  If every NUFC fan switched their allegiance to Newcastle City, which one would actually be our club?  The one that represents our city?

Here's a question, and it's one I fear may become reality in the next few years given the sheer size of their debts - if Sunderland AFC were to find themselves in a position where they were reliant on a Hartlepool-style whip round to continue as a going concern, would you put a couple of quid in the bucket?

As deranged and bitter as a lot of their fans are, North East football is in enough of a state as it is without one of the two bigger clubs going to the wall.

I use old notes like Drachmas, French and Luxembourg Francs and Pesatas as bookmarks but I'm sure I have some centimes kicking about somewhere.

Here's a question, and it's one I fear may become reality in the next few years given the sheer size of their debts - if Sunderland AFC were to find themselves in a position where they were reliant on a Hartlepool-style whip round to continue as a going concern, would you put a couple of quid in the bucket?

As deranged and bitter as a lot of their fans are, North East football is in enough of a state as it is without one of the two bigger clubs going to the wall.

Id have to think about it.

A football club isn’t a charity. I could perhaps understand helping your own club out in that hypothetical scenario, but a local rivals club? Nah, no chance.

Local Northern League clubs/non league clubs then yeah. Putting a few quid in a bucket or fundraisers for a Football League club won't touch the sides.

No-one could realistically be expected to donate in such a scenario when they continue to be owned by someone who could easily cover any such debt out of his own pocket if he so wished.

Obviously if he were to sell them and a new owner(s), with far less resources, found themselves unable to cover the debt, that may be different.

I had no idea that Cattermole still has 3 and a half years left on his contract. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cattermole & Rodwell are going to be on more in a month than a lot of League One clubs pay a season for their squad.

Ok, exaggeration but in 2016 Sheff Utd had an annual wage bill of £6m which was three times over the League One average. Those two will be on at least £100k a week combined, which isn't far off what Sheff Utd's full squad were paid.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-6million-blades-topped-league-one-wages-table-1-7925322

If it was literally the difference between them existing and not and whip rounds were needed I would, as much as I laugh at them etc at the end of the day clubs disappearing out of existence is a horrible thing for fans to go through and I'd rather have a rivalry than none at all. Highly unlikely that will happen mind, let them fall out the of the leagues before I'll put my hand in my shallow pockets  :lol:

Them cunts wouldn't get a single penny of my money....id take great pleasure in seeing them fold and their fans be left with nothing

I had no idea that Cattermole still has 3 and a half years left on his contract. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cattermole & Rodwell are going to be on more in a month than a lot of League One clubs pay a season for their squad.

Ok, exaggeration but in 2016 Sheff Utd had an annual wage bill of £6m which was three times over the League One average. Those two will be on at least £100k a week combined, which isn't far off what Sheff Utd's full squad were paid.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-6million-blades-topped-league-one-wages-table-1-7925322

The average player in league 1 and 2 is on roughly 2k a week....Rodwell is on 35x that