sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

No, the point being that no one's claiming that the Baltic or the Sage are in Newcastle, it's just obviously very easy to get to from Newcastle, so what's the problem with it being brought up? It's proper school yard level stuff man. We know it's Gateshead ffs, no one's disputing that. :lol: I have no idea why you all seem to be so obsessed with the legitimacy of local boundaries like, it's so f***ing weird.

Nah, what's weird is claiming landmarks from other cities as your own. Do you get the Angel of the North too, and Gateshead's international athletics stadium? How far south does it go? Do you lay claim to Dobbie's Garden Centre at Birtley?  :lol:

F*ck it, I'm having Seaham Hall as Sunderland's 5* hotel  :D

...I take it that you missed the bit where it was pointed out to you that no one actually claims those landmarks as being part of Newcastle? :lol: It's so fucking embarrassing man.

Guest firetotheworks

Still laughing. :lol:

I thought for ages that Stray Mackem wasn't like some of the people on RTG and then he comes out with that Paint-by-Mackems cliche.

Still laughing. :lol:

I thought for ages that Stray Mackem wasn't like some of the people on RTG and then he comes out with that Paint-by-Mackems cliche.

Here's me thinking it would be a derby defeat that broke him but he's been snapped by the Royal Northern Sinfonia.

...I take it that you missed the bit where it was pointed out to you that no one actually claims those landmarks as being part of Newcastle? :lol: It's so f***ing embarrassing man.

No I saw that bit but dismissed it because it was rubbish. The poster was showing me how marvellous a Gateshead landmark was whilst defending a truly awful video about Newcastle United. 

Guest firetotheworks

...I take it that you missed the bit where it was pointed out to you that no one actually claims those landmarks as being part of Newcastle? :lol: It's so f***ing embarrassing man.

No I saw that bit but dismissed it because it was rubbish. The poster was showing me how marvellous a Gateshead landmark was whilst defending a truly awful video about Newcastle United. 

Yeah, I saw that...point out the bit where he said it was in Newcastle please? :lol:

This used to be a particularly weird pet-peeve of an ex-colleague who would also use the 'Newcastle claiming things as their own' cliche. Metrocentre, Angel, you name it. Our office at Cobalt in Wallsend was the 'Newcastle branch', this p*ssed her off no end! She couldn't grasp that it wasn't some shadowy figure at Newcastle City Council going round planting flags, but the businesses themselves using the city's name to identify themselves geographically and use the Newcastle 'brand' to give them more credence and possibly prestige. 'Bentley Newcastle' just sounds better than 'Bentley Wallsend'. Sorry, but it does.

It's a bit lame this hotel using Newcastle mind - the mackem boundary fetishists will no doubt explode but I guess 'Mercure Sunderland' doesn't have the same prestige!

http://www.georgewashington.co.uk/

Are we allowed to claim the airport yet?

No it's mostly ours  :p

Because there's tons of toilet paper flying around the AirPort brought there by the wind from your stadium?

Guest firetotheworks

Fucking sickening behaviour for the people of Newcastle to be proud of the Quayside like.

Half of the Tyne Bridge isn't on the Newcastle side, which means that it isn't Newcastle and is therefore, by definition, Sunderland's. That's the level of petty one-upmanship I feel like we have to deal with. When did this even start?

This used to be a particularly weird pet-peeve of an ex-colleague who would also use the 'Newcastle claiming things as their own' cliche. Metrocentre, Angel, you name it. Our office at Cobalt in Wallsend was the 'Newcastle branch', this p*ssed her off no end! She couldn't grasp that it wasn't some shadowy figure at Newcastle City Council going round planting flags, but the businesses themselves using the city's name to identify themselves geographically and use the Newcastle 'brand' to give them more credence and possibly prestige. 'Bentley Newcastle' just sounds better than 'Bentley Wallsend'. Sorry, but it does.

It's a bit lame this hotel using Newcastle mind - the mackem boundary fetishists will no doubt explode but I guess 'Mercure Sunderland' doesn't have the same prestige!

http://www.georgewashington.co.uk/

Got a Newcastle post code, it's ours.

mackems claiming landmarks as their own and spitting feathers when something has Newcastle in it's name but isn't from Newcastle. They're a fucking weird bunch. I thought most of them were confined to the ready to groom forum, but it seems they are spilling onto here now.

A mackem at work today was giving it billy big balls, top 6 easy now they have Moysee.

Ok

There was one on the news the other day saying "top 6 and yewrup". Imagine one of our lot had said that at some point over the last 10 years, there'd be 3,000 threads on it within minutes on ready to groom, "Deluded mags on the news" ;D

I mean Sunderland should keep it to football. Sunderland is a shithole where you can buy cheap fuel and Newcastle is a great city. It's not any more complicated than that.

never can understand why they have a go at us about crowds and our City- we are so far ahead of them on both of these things, why don't they stick to the other shit things about us- its quite bizzare.

Guest firetotheworks

My rule of thumb; never trust, and always suspect anyone who belongs to a fanbase who backed, even cheered, a nonce. Twisted people as RTG proves.

You don't genuinely think in this way do you?

My rule of thumb; never trust, and always suspect anyone who belongs to a fanbase who backed, even cheered, a nonce. Twisted people as RTG proves.

You don't genuinely think in this way do you?

Yep. My wifes family are from down that way and are predominantly sunderland fans. Decent enough people until they get on to the subject of football. Anyway her cousin got married last month and I went on his stag do amongst a load of mackems and the bile that come out of their mouths about Newcastle had to be heard to be believed. More disturbing was their staunch support of Johnson and how they'd always see him as a legend because of his goals against us and how ridiculous his sentence was. Took one for the team etc.

That was bad enough but a couple of weeks later I was out in the company of her family and her sister (safc season ticket holder) started on a drunken rant about the poor bairn he was grooming and pinned the blame 100% on her. Always found her sister to be spot on (I've known her nigh on 20 years) but couldn't belive what I heard that night. Spoke to wor lass about it the next day and even she was lost for words. Not normal people in my experience.

Even the most level headed mackems I know brush off the Johnson thing as fuck all and are quite happy with their 'paedo points'

Seems winning at any cost is all that matters. It's why fat Sam's football is accepted, it's why Di canio was a cult hero and why Johnsons crimes have been harshly punished.

Even the most level headed mackems I know brush off the Johnson thing as f*** all and are quite happy with their 'paedo points'

Seems winning at any cost is all that matters. It's why fat Sam's football is accepted, it's why Di canio was a cult hero and why Johnsons crimes have been harshly punished.

Thing is talk to them one to one and don't mention football and, hideous accent apart, they aren't too bad. Get them on about football, or if there's a pack of them and the change in personality is astounding.

They are currently debating how well the current squad could do and quite a number think top 10 easy, really :-) and we are the deluded ones, they were nearly relegated with that squad and do they not realise their end of season form has little to do with Jan signings and more to do with there usual last 7 game run.

I mean Moyes may very well turn them into a mid-table or above team but to claim it will instantly gonna happen is as deluded as us believing we will walk the Championship and then challenge for Europe