sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They want to be careful talking about the Championship in such a way. The difference is that they won't have a Rafa or the financial backing to be certain of coming back up, when they are relegated at the end of this season.

They want to be careful talking about the Championship in such a way. The difference is that they won't have a Rafa or the financial backing to be certain of coming back up, when they are relegated at the end of this season.

If they get relegated and we go up, it will be funny to see their take on the situation. I read a few threads on their forum, I'm kind of embarrassed that they are our local rivals and we share a region, the vast majority of them on that board are just blinded by hate, it's ridiculous. One post I read described us as the most fickle fans in the world, WTF, that just has no merit whatsoever. We haven't won a trophy in 47 years, next year will mark 90 years since our last league title, yet we are still packing away grounds and filling our home stadium with bigger crowds than almost every club in the country. FFS fickle is the one thing you can not level at Newcastle fans. Especially when your club is known for their empty pink seats, with most leaving midway through the second half of their last game presumably to beat the intense traffic in the metropolis that is Sunderland.

One of the things I always find funny when I pop over to their fourm is the avatars folks have with all their Sunderland "Heroes" ! Who are these "Heroes", Gary Bennett, Kevin Ball, Sweepa Kev, Niall Quinn (the worlds greatest Chairman too). It's laughable really who they can recall with any fondness. 

Kong signs a new deal. (apparently) £90kpw and £18m relegation release clause.

Not too shabby all round.

Did Everton not bid £18m for him in the summer, and Sunlun turned it down??  :icon_scratch:

Apparently. But they weren't relegated then,in the same position next year and they can refuse.

Tbh I think they'll regret turnibg it down.

They're also saying we spent £55m. It's almost as if they're as thick as pig's shite or something.

To be fair they regularly give their players away for fuck all so they're unfamiliar with the concept of transfer funds in.

They're in trouble when they go down at the end of this season, don't think we'll see them for a good few years.

Would absolutely love to get them in the cup this season. Win-win for us, wouldn't be expected to win but if we did - it'd ruin their lives.

I think they'll scrape survival yet again

They're in trouble when they go down at the end of this season, don't think we'll see them for a good few years.

Would absolutely love to get them in the cup this season. Win-win for us, wouldn't be expected to win but if we did - it'd ruin their lives.

They will do down unless they spend the cash in January. All the other teams you would expect to be there already look capable of picking up points whereas the mackems don't. They also don't have us there to save them this year either.

It's a tough call:

Pros for them staying up:

Manager with a pedigree

A fair few poor teams on paper this season

History of turning things around

January window to come

Cons

Personally can't think of a weaker squad in the division

Playing like a relegation side already

Manager said to the world they are in a relegation fight in August

No Newcastle games to get them 4-6 points

Manager may not be relevant anymore

Goals come from one source and he's 34

It was far easier to list Cons than Pros, that's got to be a big indication that they may have run out of luck this year. I think after their game at Spuds, someone said they have a couple of games against other relegation rivals, that'll be a good time to judge if they are likely to eventually be flushed away this year.

It's a tough call:

Pros for them staying up:

Manager with a pedigree

A fair few poor teams on paper this season

History of turning things around

January window to come

Cons

Personally can't think of a weaker squad in the division

Playing like a relegation side already

Manager said to the world they are in a relegation fight in August

No Newcastle games to get them 4-6 points

Manager may not be relevant anymore

Goals come from one source and he's 34

It was far easier to list Cons than Pros, that's got to be a big indication that they may have run out of luck this year. I think after their game at Spuds, someone said they have a couple of games against other relegation rivals, that'll be a good time to judge if they are likely to eventually be flushed away this year.

Think the African Nations could be huge for them, their 2 starting CBs will be away for a month, as well as their record signing and Khazri

The biggest worry has to be a Defoe injury

It is, but equally who is going to create the chances for Defoe, even when he's fit ? They've got a lot of head down runners in that team, not a player amongst them with any vision to play in Defoe. Oh also they were terrible at the back on Monday :) Hehe it's not an easy fix for them.

It is, but equally who is going to create the chances for Defoe, even when he's fit ? They've got a lot of head down runners in that team, not a player amongst them with any vision to play in Defoe. Oh also they were terrible at the back on Monday :) Hehe it's not an easy fix for them.

Defoe feeds off scraps, he showed that last season

He gets injured and you struggle to see where the goals will come from

Seriously they are going to struggle to even create "scraps" the way they are playing.

Seriously they are going to struggle to even create "scraps" the way they are playing.

True BUT they are the turd that won't flush for a reason, think they will find a way to just survive again

I think our biggest worry is our manager talking about a relegation fight in August  :idiot2: Obvioulsy been to the McClaren school of football management.

McClaren would have said that it was a magnificent performance and that every player was outstanding and that you cant judge him off 1 game, just wait till 10 games ...........then 15 ............then Christmas..............then after the transfer window.