sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First timer , old timer , and definitely not a mackem , I went to my first match at St.James's for 20 years , my last one vs. Metz , my latest vs. Wolves . So I don't regard myself a supporter any more , merely a fan . Revisiting the stadium just served to reinforce the reasons I stopped going . I fell out of love with the match day experience when the whole thing became so sanitised and unspontanious . I fell out of love with the game .

By pure chance my work necessitated my being at the Stadium of Light , match vs. Palace , the very next week. And this is the crux of my post .I found the lacklustre atmosphere at St. James's so inferior to the passion displayed by the mackems on the day . Their fans did display spontaneous and widespread vocal support for their team , something sadly lacking the week before at St. James's . Now admittedly it was just a one game comparison , but the contrast was alarming . And perhaps in part due to the ,shall I say , more basic and less cranially evolved species inhabiting the  Wearside stadium . Nevertheless , my recent Sunderland experience was ,unfortunately , much more akin to the match day experience of old .

Guest reefatoon

It will go down in Mackem folklore now that the hideous atmosphere at the Metz game put thousands of fans off ever going back to watch a match.

First timer , old timer , and definitely not a mackem , I went to my first match at St.James's for 20 years , my last one vs. Metz , my latest vs. Wolves . So I don't regard myself a supporter any more , merely a fan . Revisiting the stadium just served to reinforce the reasons I stopped going . I fell out of love with the match day experience when the whole thing became so sanitised and unspontanious . I fell out of love with the game .

By pure chance my work necessitated my being at the Stadium of Light , match vs. Palace , the very next week. And this is the crux of my post .I found the lacklustre atmosphere at St. James's so inferior to the passion displayed by the mackems on the day . Their fans did display spontaneous and widespread vocal support for their team , something sadly lacking the week before at St. James's . Now admittedly it was just a one game comparison , but the contrast was alarming . And perhaps in part due to the ,shall I say , more basic and less cranially evolved species inhabiting the  Wearside stadium . Nevertheless , my recent Sunderland experience was ,unfortunately , much more akin to the match day experience of old .

Strange Mackem with his new username right here!

In all seriousness the atmosphere v Wolves was terrible but if you'd bothered to go to the next home game against Norwich you would have had the complete opposite experience.

I've been to the SoS on corporate jollies in the past through work and their atmosphere is worse than ours. I was there last season when they played Aston Villa and the atmosphere was totally non existent apart from the 1500 Villa fans who made the trip. The time before that was the previous season against Everton and again if not for the 3000 Scousers there it would have been dead.

Even against us they make no noise at all until they take the lead.

http://talksport.com/football/loudest-fans-premier-league-revealed-150805161557?p=0

Watching MoTD on Sunday morning as I usually do on any weekend.

When Van Arnholt scored that rather lucky equalizer - off he went with an exaggerated shisha pipe smoking celebration, not quite in the same vein as Robbie Fowler snorting up the white lines but, surely worthy of a season long suspension, possibly a prison sentence??

Aye , born a mackem I can't deny it . And I followed Newcastle religiously for 40+ years , first team , reserves and anybody remember the "N"s?... Probably not , but it was the youth team whom I also spent time watching.  So draw your own conclusions as to where my loyalties lie . I simply made an observation about the match day experiences I encountered at these recent games and didn't suggest this was in any way the status quo . I don't have any ulterior motives , or designs for Internet warriorship for the post..... Just an observation , but dissect and lambaste if that's your thing

Aye , born a mackem I can't deny it . And I followed Newcastle religiously for 40+ years , first team , reserves and anybody remember the "N"s?... Probably not , but it was the youth team whom I also spent time watching.  So draw your own conclusions as to where my loyalties lie . I simply made an observation about the match day experiences I encountered at these recent games and didn't suggest this was in any way the status quo . I don't have any ulterior motives , or designs for Internet warriorship for the post..... Just an observation , but dissect and lambaste if that's your thing

Far better just admitting you are a red and white. Coming on here and trying a wind-up is nout new and has been done before. :)

Big Geordie mate , I've admitted to being born amongst them but you have no idea how wrong you are by calling me red and white. Your avatar photo.... David Kelly , there's a 99% chance I was at that game. No mate , all my family are / were black & white and always will be. But no matter , the Internet society will decide for itself .

Come on here to try and wind people up and that's the best you can come up with? You haven't been watching anything for 40 years other than multiple spunk cells inside your dads ball sack. You are probably about 14, or if not you are mentally retarded.

Come on here to try and wind people up and that's the best you can come up with? You haven't been watching anything for 40 years other than multiple spunk cells inside your dads ball sack. You are probably about 14, or if not you are mentally retarded.

Ha! Mint..... So what's winding people up then??? Can't see anything outlandish in my post .