sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seen this doing the rounds on facebook. They seem pretty proud of themselves. Wonder how many of those were free tickets?

But remember, it's us that goes on about attendances...

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy343/scoot_nufc/freeticketmackems_zpsq0dpjlfs.jpg

They've sold around 32k for tomorrow's match and the remaining tickets which will take the crowd over the 43k mark have been handed out for free to the University, local schools, colleges and businesses. Basically they've handed out even more freebies than they did for the Crystal Palace match to avoid what would have been a sub 35k crowd. I know this to be a fact although it's hardly difficult to work out that 5,000 more people wouldn't buy tickets for this fixture after what happened last Saturday when they threw away a 2 goal lead to a very poor side.

Basically tomorrow's crowd will be 32,000ish plus how many free tickets they have dished out.

43'000 sounds s****. Even if their ground is slightly smaller.

TBF 43,000 is a great number considering the crap they'll be subjected to come match day. Problem is people compare them to us, and they will never win that battle unless the are suddenly challenging for champions league and we are fighting to stay in the Championship. Compared to other clubs in the PL it's very favourable.

Seen this doing the rounds on facebook. They seem pretty proud of themselves. Wonder how many of those were free tickets?

But remember, it's us that goes on about attendances...

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy343/scoot_nufc/freeticketmackems_zpsq0dpjlfs.jpg

They've sold around 32k for tomorrow's match and the remaining tickets which will take the crowd over the 43k mark have been handed out for free to the University, local schools, colleges and businesses. Basically they've handed out even more freebies than they did for the Crystal Palace match to avoid what would have been a sub 35k crowd. I know this to be a fact although it's hardly difficult to work out that 5,000 more people wouldn't buy tickets for this fixture after what happened last Saturday when they threw away a 2 goal lead to a very poor side.

Basically tomorrow's crowd will be 32,000ish plus how many free tickets they have dished out.

Was just gonna say, 'Sold' 43,000 tickets will be a bit far fetched with their usual freebie distribution. :lol:

Thats why they use 'FTM so much...'Free Ticket Mackems'

43'000 sounds s****. Even if their ground is slightly smaller.

TBF 43,000 is a great number considering the crap they'll be subjected to come match day. Problem is people compare them to us, and they will never win that battle unless the are suddenly challenging for champions league and we are fighting to stay in the Championship. Compared to other clubs in the PL it's very favourable.

Do you seriously believe 5,000 more of them have "paid" to watch tomorrow's match compared to last week's game when they lost a 2 goal lead to Crystal Palace?

They've dished out even more free tickets to avoid having swaithes of empty seats which they can get away with in a league where tv income is everything. However it's not sustainable if they were relegated and we're reliant on gate receipts to pay the bills.

If they go down they're screwed.

Tbh ive never come accross "free" tickets except works season tickets, who the hell gets ours?

Im all for getting more young kids from underprivaleged families into our ground if theres spares, they are the future, and a body on a seat is better than being empty.

I wish more clubs did this tbh.....handing out tickets to students is a waste by sunlun.

Its the new university term, they will have given many thousands to new students.

They have. Hopefully they all get to see another demoralising defeat but I've got an awful feeling they'll win tomorrow.

I said that last week.if they dont win tomoz they really will be in shitsville already.big pressure on them

MUST WIN FOR THEM...... :lol:

Tbh ive never come accross "free" tickets except works season tickets, who the hell gets ours?

Im all for getting more young kids from underprivaleged families into our ground if theres spares, they are the future, and a body on a seat is better than being empty.

I wish more clubs did this tbh.....handing out tickets to students is a waste by sunlun.

We hand out around 200-300 free tickets per match to the NUFC foundation. It's a good cause and they even do it for sold out games such as Huddersfield and Wolves this season, so a lot of the time it's for seats that could have been sold. Sunderland hand out circa 10k free tickets to avoid their pink stadium looking deserted then they'll all patting each other on the back saying how great they are because their crowds are so good.

Fact is any club could do what they do if they were desperate enough.

I think it's a good thing to do like, it's just pretty funny when they all pat themselves on the back about it, like they do with everything else. Whilst laughing at the fat smell mags for not hitting an impossible 55k every week because someone probably misspoke on the tele decades ago when talking about us, maybe.

Think they'll win tomorrow like, they're due a win.

Must agree.they cant go on like this , all teams win a game and looking at their games coming up even a win will have them still struggling.

Lose this and they start to look like they are cut adrift.

Do they still just have 1 point ?

Its the new university term, they will have given many thousands to new students.

My nephew was at Sunderland Uni. He told me that there were piles of free tickets at the Uni for most home games and most of them were still there come kick off, they literally couldn't give them away.