sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I remember the indian cry.

I also remember a young las in the Gallowgate, below the scoreboard would always stand up on a barrier and starting somgs off.  I remember someone telling me years later he was killed at a Swindon away game.

That lad was called Darren and he was killed in London by I think a group of Welsh Rugby fans.

Edit : Wigan Rugby fans

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3933-newcastle-united-remembering-mad-darren

I also remember a young las in the Gallowgate, below the scoreboard would always stand up on a barrier and starting somgs off.  I remember someone telling me years later he was killed at a Swindon away game.

That lad was called Darren and he was killed in London by I think a group of Welsh Rugby fans.

Ahh fck.  I was told it was swindon fans.

I remember the Indian War Cry. :cool: Also remember a bloke who sat in the Corner of the East Stand who was christened 'Kenny Everett', because he had dark hair and a beard. Used to start the singing off in that part of the East Stand and I remember watching him go crackers at the Hull game, back in 1991 when Sunderland were confirmed relegated. :) :D

I also remember a bloke called 'Norman' who got up on the barriers in the corner, to start the songs off. Had a baldy head and wore dungarees! :D Also a kid who was christened 'Oxy 10', when I shifted to the scoreboard. He had really bad acne, but wasn't frightened to start the singing off. :)

Memories!

CP40  I remember the war cry, from when dad first started taking me back in 81/82. :cool: Used to meet some real characters on the terraces. I was the lad no-one liked to be stood behind, due to being so tall (6'8) :D Was once told, that I could be spotted in the Scoreboard, from the Leazes End. :o :D

CP40  I remember the war cry, from when dad first started taking me back in 81/82. :cool: Used to meet some real characters on the terraces. I was the lad no-one liked to be stood behind, due to being so tall (6'8) :D Was once told, that I could be spotted in the Scoreboard, from the Leazes End. :o :D

That's impossible. Football didn't start until 1992 marra. Apparently.

Just reading the comments on that vid and "Tonto's" son said 2 years ago that he still has a season ticket. Shame he doesn't do the warcry anymore.

He probably ruined his vocal chords.  :lol:

Just reading the comments on that vid and "Tonto's" son said 2 years ago that he still has a season ticket. Shame he doesn't do the warcry anymore.

hes probably lost his voice tbh, not sure why tho :lol:

edit- what gimp said ffs.

Big Geordie mate , I've admitted to being born amongst them but you have no idea how wrong you are by calling me red and white. Your avatar photo.... David Kelly , there's a 99% chance I was at that game. No mate , all my family are / were black & white and always will be. But no matter , the Internet society will decide for itself .

Which game was big Geordies pic taken at then????

Ahh fck.  I was told it was swindon fans.

What minute did we pick to clap for him when he died back in the day?

From NUFC.com's Rotherham match report.

"The closeness and newness of the venue attracted a noticeably older away clientele (including the return of the Indian war crier), in stark contrast to what had the feeling of a school trip to the Derby County game last month."

Big Geordie mate , I've admitted to being born amongst them but you have no idea how wrong you are by calling me red and white. Your avatar photo.... David Kelly , there's a 99% chance I was at that game. No mate , all my family are / were black & white and always will be. But no matter , the Internet society will decide for itself .

Which game was big Geordies pic taken at then????

Yep, if you were there you'll remember that game. That pic was in a lot of papers.