sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My favourite Wikipedia entry, it is typical Sudnerland:

Sunderland

On 9 March 2016, Eboue signed a short term deal with Sunderland.On 31 March 2016, Eboue began serving a one-year ban from all football-related activity, for failing to pay a former agent. He was released by Sunderland in April 2016 having not played for the club

What Moyes achieved at Everton can't ever be taken away from him, he did a great job for many years.

Would love to read a properly honest and revealing autobiography from him about where he thinks it's gone wrong if he gets fired and gives up football soon.

Maybe just the time he was at Everton and his control there gave him a respect from the players that he just hasn't had since.

I still think he's the best chance they have of stabilising as a decent, maybe even good Premiership side. Their squad is vile and they're never going to get a Benitez. Must be absolutely gutting for the poor c***s.

He obviously knows how to run a football club, you don't have that many years of success at Everton as a fluke. So the comments about him being clueless or whatever are a bit rich sometimes.

It just depends wether the different circumstances of starting again at a new club where he doesn't hold a fifth of the gravitas he did at Everton means his style just doesn't work.

We actually played alright last night.

He's still a dead man walking IMO.

do you honestly think you'll go for another sacking then?  mental

I do yes. It's cheaper to get rid of a manager and pay the compo than to get relegated. Our matchday gate receipts are poor. We'd be absolutely kiboshed if we got relegated. Short, more than anyone, knows this.

That dapper chap Michael Gray, now rocking a fine® head of hair to complement his beautiful folded 'kerchiefs btw, seems to think it could be the best thing that could happen. Enabling SAFC to do a Newcastle :rolleyes:

I still think he's the best chance they have of stabilising as a decent, maybe even good Premiership side. Their squad is vile and they're never going to get a Benitez. Must be absolutely gutting for the poor cunts.

I thought we would never get a Benitez so you never know. They should just take Sam back, they will stay up and turn them into a midtable side by the end of next season.

I still think he's the best chance they have of stabilising as a decent, maybe even good Premiership side. Their squad is vile and they're never going to get a Benitez. Must be absolutely gutting for the poor c***s.

He obviously knows how to run a football club, you don't have that many years of success at Everton as a fluke. So the comments about him being clueless or whatever are a bit rich sometimes.

It just depends wether the different circumstances of starting again at a new club where he doesn't hold a fifth of the gravitas he did at Everton means his style just doesn't work.

He nearly got Everton relegated twice before more consistent "success" kicked in.  I think given a few years he'd get Sunderland into a top half team.  Whether he gets the time to do that is doubtful.

I thought we would never get a Benitez so you never know. They should just take Sam back, they will stay up and turn them into a midtable side by the end of next season.

We got a Benitez as we have ambition, potential and are a well renowned club. They are far from.

He wouldn't. He barely managed it last season and there team is a lot worse now

Catch 22 really, sack Moyes and go for a quick fix survival, patching up the grand canyon with a few elastoplasts or stick with Moyes, let it play out to probable relegation and build for a better future.

Theyll go for a quick fix.

Aye Short always used the derby game to give him an idea of when to pull the trigger.

Always just 2 - 5 games before playing us to go into the derby on a new manager buzz and then get an easy 3 points from a despertae Newcastle team with a clown (Pardew/Carver/Mclaren) in charge of it and extend that high which would see them then gather enough points to stay up.

They've not got that to help them plan this time :D Hopefully the trigger is pulled at the wrong time, this time.

seems they get a little bit worse every time they sack a manager, not exactly sure how you for what 5 years are verging on relegation and make 0 improvement despite the tv money going through the roof and its not like they've been employing utter morons the entire time (well except dicanio). A relegation purge on paper seems a good idea but will Short finance that and if it goes wrong it really could be a long time before they get back.

At the start if the season, I would have totally agreed with you. I'm not so sure now. What's clear is he's a manager that needs time, he needed it and got it at Everton. He didn't get it at his previous two jobs. Now though starting to think, his methods are just not working in today's game, he may just have been in the perfect situation at Everton, bought the right sort of players. His signings so far with Sunderland have an air of scatter gun desperation about them and seems like no thought has been put into what the team actually needs, just thnakful for getting players over the line. Don't think he's ever been the most inspiring of managers, but the respect he gained at Everton kept the players believing in him. I think that respect is gone now from players that have not grown up under his stewardship.

Perhaps Sunderland would be better off getting rid, going for their quick fix, Hodgson here would be an ideal appointment for them. Whoever comes in though will have a tough job, that squad is shocking it really is.

At the start if the season, I would have totally agreed with you. I'm not so sure now. What's clear is he's a manager that needs time, he needed it and got it at Everton. He didn't get it at his previous two jobs. Now though starting to think, his methods are just not working in today's game, he may just have been in the perfect situation at Everton, bought the right sort of players. His signings so far with Sunderland have an air of scatter gun desperation about them and seems like no thought has been put into what the team actually needs, just thnakful for getting players over the line. Don't think he's ever been the most inspiring of managers, but the respect he gained at Everton kept the players believing in him. I think that respect is gone now from players that have not grown up under his stewardship.

Perhaps Sunderland would be better off getting rid, going for their quick fix, Hodgson here would be an ideal appointment for them. Whoever comes in though will have a tough job, that squad is shocking it really is.

Moyes isn't a quick fix guy tbh, Everton under him tended to start slow iirc and they went up and down in the early seasons before settling on the 5-8th position. And quick fixes ain't what Sunderland needs they need a rebuild from the ground up

They're even more stupid than I thought if they sack Moyes. Surely they won't? Where the f*** do they go next if they do? 

Hodgson or Fatso, either would keep them up unfortunately. But they are going to need to be in place before January and have a stellar window, like Fatso did last year, because after the summer I wouldn't trust Moyes with my money if I were the owner, if he thought it was hard to convince players to come in the summer it'll be even harder in January if they haven't picked up their form a little.