sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What a day out. Regretted it going up to the stadium, wanted to be anywhere else but there. Few drinks later and some decent grub and I'd settled down, had Sunderland on to win so couldn't lose on this one, then the goal...then the anger and mood change. Must admit I enjoyed watching them be relegated in their own back yard.

Feel sorry for the guys who I was with, good lads, good supporters, shat on immensely, but that's football, winner and losers and yesterday football won.

9 players coming out of contract (inc. loans) plus defoe allegedly able to leave for nothing

wew

That's probably a plus for them, they can get rid of some of the shite that has them in this position.  The real problem for them is that they still have shite players on contract and they're stuck with them if they can't find a buyer or a club to loan them to.

They call us a yoyo club, but fuck me,

this is when their relegations were achieved. :lol:

1957-58 Portsmouth away

1969-70 Liverpool home

1976-77 Everton away

1984-85 Leicester City away

1986-87 Gillingham home

1990-91 Manchester City away

1996-97 Wimbledon away

2002-03 Birmingham City away

2005-06 Manchester United away

2016-17 Bournemouth home

9 players coming out of contract (inc. loans) plus defoe allegedly able to leave for nothing

wew

That's probably a plus for them, they can get rid of some of the s**** that has them in this position.  The real problem for them is that they still have s**** players on contract and they're stuck with them if they can't find a buyer or a club to loan them to.

They will be replacing virtually a whole team and trying to gel, they will likely lose ground over first few weeks and unlikely they will have the quality and mentality to go up first time.

It really could be awesome to watch but I will focus most of my time on the top league rather than lower league minnows :-)

They call us a yoyo club, but f*** me,

1957-58 Portsmouth away

1969-70 Liverpool home

1976-77 Everton away

1986-87 Gillingham home

1996-97 Wimbledon away

2016-17 Bournemouth home

The only game I've ever been to when the mackems have been playing and we weren't.

They call us a yoyo club, but f*** me,

1957-58 Portsmouth away

1969-70 Liverpool home

1976-77 Everton away

1986-87 Gillingham home

1996-97 Wimbledon away

2016-17 Bournemouth home

The only game I've ever been to when the mackems have been playing and we weren't.

I went to the Ipswich game just before that, as a mate from school was an Ipswich fan.  Police heard our accents in the away end, asked us where we were from. Told them newcastle fans from Wallsend, and they just laughed.

edit- might have been the previous relegation tbh.

best Sunday morning Mod for a while. :lol:

They were on Football First game of the day yesterday where they replay almost the whole game. I don't usually watch it but it was remarkably entertaining.

That "190 weeks in the bottom half" graphic is outstanding :lol:

What an achievement. I mean, five seasons? Even the shittiest teams in any division will luck out once in a while winning a game or two in the first weeks of a season to get them momentarily in the top half.

I was in "our" paddock for that Gillingham game. Got a nice lift to and from ground in back of police van from seaburn station.

I didn't get a lift, we parked at Seaham and walked past the Fullwell and they were bricking us.  We could hear Newcastle chants and thought that it was Gillingham fans taking the piss until we walked around the corner and saw the queues to get into the paddock.  We also had quite a few in the Roker with the Gillingham fans.

I must've already been in ground by then. Did have a bit of a situation at turnstile.

We joined the queue and waited our turn, we had no problem once we got to the turnstiles.

The bloke next to me had a kid of maybe 5 or 6 years old on his shoulders, he was telling the kid to remember that day for the rest of his life.  :lol: