sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't believe the amount of makems that are saying they will walk the league next season.

A lot of our support thought we would win it by Christmas and go the whole season without defeat.

Aside from the fact that it was mathematically impossible for us to win it by Christmas I don't know a single person who thought that so I'd doubt very much that was the feeling of a lot of the fans.

It seems their levels of bitterness are at peak levels right now and chips on shoulder are of monumental proportion.

The antidote for their depression is to make up some complete and utter bullshit, get others to agree and then deem it to be a fact.

What was the craic with that tattoo pic on Twitter? Page has been removed.

Some absolute weapon had got a couple of tattoos on his face.... 'FTM' under one eye, 'SGB' under the other.

Some absolute weapon had got a couple of tattoos on his face.... 'FTM' under one eye, 'SGB' under the other.

I guess he doesn't need a job.

I guess he doesn't need a job.

His haircut makes him unemployable before you even consider the tattoos.

so they are all over there agreeing with some fairy story on Roker Report of a female mag supporter who switched to be a "MLF" due to the racism and misogymy at SJP.

Because you, know Sunderland are well known for being none of that.

*cough, Darren Bents mam, Lukaku gestures, NF pins sold outside the ground, Brexit etc *cough

It seems their levels of bitterness are at peak levels right now and chips on shoulder are of monumental proportion.

The antidote for their depression is to make up some complete and utter bullshit, get others to agree and then deem it to be a fact.

Yep!

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/north-east-teams-to-play-at-the-new-wembley-before-the-mags.1360956/

What a bunch of fucking muppets man.

They're utterly GUTTED!

They have taken their relegation and our subsequent Champioship win particularly badly it has to be said. Going back 12 months I don't think we took our relegation badly at all, especially when Rafa announced he was staying and this season started with plenty of optimism and a huge surge in season ticket sales. That in itself annoyed them massively as well.

If you look at what they've got to look forward; David Moyes, losing their only 2 decent players, club in a moutain of debt, half empty stadium etc you can sort of understand the bitterness.

They have taken their relegation and our subsequent Champioship win particularly badly it has to be said. Going back 12 months I don't think we took our relegation badly at all, especially when Rafa announced he was staying and this season started with plenty of optimism and a huge surge in season ticket sales. That in itself annoyed them massively as well.

If you look at what they've got to look forward; David Moyes, losing their only 2 decent players, club in a moutain of debt, half empty stadium etc you can sort of understand the bitterness.

It must be highly distressing tbf, they 'relegated' us and within 12 months we've recemented our position as the superior force in NE football. FTM.

It must be highly distressing tbf, they 'relegated' us and within 12 months we've recemented our position as the superior force in NE football. FTM.

Crushed.

It raises the question about what's better really. Simply existing in the top flight for a decade and losing the majority of your games every year or competing in the lower league. Most teams want to go up and improve to compete in the Prem but this lot are clearly happy with 17th every year so what's the point?

So how exactly are their finances ? I know they have mountains of debt but is that debt like ours all to the owner, therefore not really debt, or do they owe a bunch the the banks and stuff ?

How much do we speculate we have lost following the relegation was it 30 million ?

They get the new TV deal money which is 100 million I believe the old one we received for finishing 18th was how much 50 million ?

If so, could they be in the a situation where they actually made 20 million last year ? Therefore their finances have actually improved, obviously they will take a big hit next year but they didn't really splurge in the transfer market the last two windows, they bought crap and overspent on one in particular but surely the whole bill for their purchases didn't eat up the entirety of the TV money.

On Sunday we played Barnsley who had 6 loaned players in their squad, other clubs have followed the same approach. It's a cheap way to build a competitive squad at this level. Sunderland has used that loan market way too much in recent years as a determent to the own players development. Hell they are still proud of helping develop Rose, to me that's a failure to secure the services of someone who performed for you. They have no intention whatsover of purchasing these loaned players, just a way to fill out their squad.

Anyway the point I'm trying to make is that they can build a competitive championship squad on the cheap, if they get the 70 million they hope for for all their "superstars" that will help them immensely in the rebuild, if it's allowed (or even half that) to be plowed back into player recruitment.

Not going to make any judgements  on whether it will be a cake walk for them or a big struggle until everything shakes out, they do have some decent youngsters coming through apparently, if they can augment them with a bit of experience and quality then there is no reason whatsover that they shouldn't be one of the favourites to bounce back up. Moyes needs to learn to look past his old familiar places, stop picking up Everton and Manure rejects and bring in some loans or buys fthat can do a job in the Championship, just like Rafa did.

10 seasons in top flight, every season they had a negative goal difference.

Saw a post on RTG saying that they've only reached 40 points 3 times out of the 10 as well. Only three times have they had a top scorer on more than 11 goals.

So how exactly are their finances ? I know they have mountains of debt but is that debt like ours all to the owner, therefore not really debt, or do they owe a bunch the the banks and stuff ?

How much do we speculate we have lost following the relegation was it 30 million ?

They get the new TV deal money which is 100 million I believe the old one we received for finishing 18th was how much 50 million ?

If so, could they be in the a situation where they actually made 20 million last year ? Therefore their finances have actually improved, obviously they will take a big hit next year but they didn't really splurge in the transfer market the last two windows, they bought crap and overspent on one in particular but surely the whole bill for their purchases didn't eat up the entirety of the TV money.

On Sunday we played Barnsley who had 6 loaned players in their squad, other clubs have followed the same approach. It's a cheap way to build a competitive squad at this level. Sunderland has used that loan market way too much in recent years as a determent to the own players development. Hell they are still proud of helping develop Rose, to me that's a failure to secure the services of someone who performed for you. They have no intention whatsover of purchasing these loaned players, just a way to fill out their squad.

Anyway the point I'm trying to make is that they can build a competitive championship squad on the cheap, if they get the 70 million they hope for for all their "superstars" that will help them immensely in the rebuild, if it's allowed (or even half that) to be plowed back into player recruitment.

Not going to make any judgements  on whether it will be a cake walk for them or a big struggling until everything shakes out, they do have some decent youngsters coming through apparently, if they can augment them with a bit of experience and quality then there is no reason whatsover that they shouldn't be one of the favourites to bounce back up. Moyes needs to learn to look past his old familiar places, stop picking up Everton and Manure rejects and bring in some loans or buys fthat can do a job in the Championship, just like Rafa did.

They've been losing north of £30m a season for years, are £150m plus in debt and are about to see a £60m drop in turnover.

It's not looking particularly great for them.

Not going to make any judgements  on whether it will be a cake walk for them or a big struggling until everything shakes out, they do have some decent youngsters coming through apparently, if they can augment them with a bit of experience and quality then there is no reason whatsover that they shouldn't be one of the favourites to bounce back up. Moyes needs to learn to look past his old familiar places, stop picking up Everton and Manure rejects and bring in some loans or buys fthat can do a job in the Championship, just like Rafa did.

They've been losing north of £30m a season for years, are £150m plus in debt and are about to see a £60m drop in turnover.

But who are they in debt to, the owner or the banks ? If it's the owner then it's not worth worrying too much about, as it's just the value of his asset. He sells and it's all cleared up, he keeps the club and he has a decision to make to use any incoming cash to pay off his debt and slowly kill the club or he tries one last time to inject more cash to get them back up and be in a stronger selling position.

If it's the banks they owe money too then they are truly screwed and probably can wave goodbye to the 100 million cheque which will land on their doorstep pretty soon.

But who are they in debt to, the owner or the banks ? If it's the owner ten it's not worth worrying too much about, as it's just the value of his asset. He sells and it's all cleared up, he keeps the club and he has a decision to make to use any incoming cash to pay off his debt and slowly kill the club or he tries one last time to inject more cash to get them back up and be in a stronger selling position.

If it's the banks they owe money too then they are truly screwed and probably can wave goodbye to the 100 million cheque which will land on their doorstep pretty soon.

not far off 50/50 owner and bank, that article posted in here on the other page summed it up well...think he moved some money from the bank to himself recently

They should be hoping then that Short doesn't just give up on them, if he is a savvy businessman he probably should roll the dice one more time, do all he can to get the club back on the gravy train, then sell up as fast as he can.

Their business model is clearly not working, there is no reason at all why they shouldn't be turning a profit, like we have been doing in recent years. Of course they don't generate anywhere near the income that we do outside of the TV deal, but they should still be able to have lived comfortably off the TV deal and their matchday income. Instead they've recruited terribly, changed managers on a frequent basis and therefore had to pay out big compensation packages. Like I said before they've abused the loan market to a point where they have spent a bulk of their budget on loan fees and those players have taking first team appearances away from their products hence why they've not had many salable assets in recent years.

They need a whole restructure there from top to bottom, a whole new approach, perhaps that's Moyes's mandate and the reason they are keeping him on, ironically falling into the championship may be the best thing to happen to them to begin to implement that change. The problem is though the end goal is to obviously get back into the PL, they won't get back there in an expedited fashion unless they follow their previous mistakes of lots of loans and short term fixes. Can they afford to wait for the long term, it will benefit them hugely if they can.