sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yesterday I read on their forum that it was all but certain to be McInnes, they had about 50 threads on the bloke. Guess things have changed, Giggs would be a disaster of an appointment I feel. I just don't see any managerial qualities in the  bloke. Could be wrong and sometimes great players are able to translate that winning mentality from the playing field to the coaching side, such as KK or more recently Zidane but Giggs doesn't strike me at all as that type of person. Would be fantastic if this happened :)

I've never been able to imagine Giggs as a good or even decent manager. Based on very little, admittedly, but what is he? A tactician, a motivator, a wheeler-dealer?

Or is he just a well-known former player who wants a shot?

Giggs always comes across awfully to me when he's a pundit on tv. It might be that he's a completely different character behind closed doors, but he doesn't strike me as the sort of personality who would make a good manager at all.

Giggs always comes across awfully to me when he's a pundit on tv. It might be that he's a completely different character behind closed doors, but he doesn't strike me as the sort of personality who would make a good manager at all.

:thup: Agreed.

He will be burnt alive by the end of November as the club struggles in a lower mid table position. 

Honestly any manager they appoint would be in that position. It's amazing how the comments about the champ being a pub league and p*ss easy have disappeared now they are in it. The expectations are still there that they will finish in the playoffs at least, at this moment in time with no manager or squad fit for purpose and no money to rebuild it, top half may be something of a stretch. Obviously they will get a manager in and will somehow add players to their squad but the thought process they have right now that this is somehow an attractive job because they are a big club despite the financial problems is to coin the term they like to call us "deluded".

They need to remember we had a net spend of  minus 30 million that got us up, they don't have the saleable assets we had and have more work to do fix all of gaps. If their net spend is anywhere near ours, they are screwed, it needs to be a lot closer to Villa's, who they were more similar to than us when they went down. Bottom of the table clubs who need a huge overhaul and have little to no saleable assets. What was Villa's net spend last season 50 million or something and that got them mid table ! The Mackems can't possibly net spend anywhere that much. There first target next season should be the 55 points or whatever it takes to gaurentee survival, unless they find another Wagner or someone or the owner decides that the best way to protect his investment is to throw even more money at it (which it is not).

He will be burnt alive by the end of November as the club struggles in a lower mid table position. 

Honestly any manager they appoint would be in that position. It's amazing how the comments about the champ being a pub league and p*ss easy have disappeared now they are in it. The expectations are still there that they will finish in the playoffs at least, at this moment in time with no manager or squad fit for purpose and no money to rebuild it, top half may be something of a stretch. Obviously they will get a manager in and will somehow add players to their squad but the thought process they have right now that this is somehow an attractive job because they are a big club despite the financial problems is to coin the term they like to call us "deluded".

They need to remember we had a net spend of  minus 30 million that got us up, they don't have the saleable assets we had and have more work to do fix all lot of gaps. If there net spend is anywhere near ours, they are screwed, it needs to be a lot closer to Villa's, who they were more similar to than us when they went down. Bottom of the table clubs who need a huge overhaul and have little to no saleable assets. What was Villa's net spend last season 50 million or something and that got them mid table ! The Mackems can't possibly net spend anywhere that much. There first target next season should be the 55 points or whatever it takes to gaurentee survival, unless they find another Wagner or someone or the owner decides that the best way to protect his investment is to throw even more money at it (which it is not).

Totally but I think giggsy should give this a wide birth on a professional level.  For laughs and giggles he should take it on.  :lol:

To be fair to them though, I'd be infinitely more excited at the prospect of Giggs (i.e. young and unproven - an unknown) than any of the journeymen managers they've been linked with. At least you don't know what you're going to get.

Still, will be funny when it ultimately fails.

The problem with Giggs is the same as with any Man U leftover. Their eyes are always going to be on Old Trafford, and a dogshit club like Sunderland certainly isn't going to spark their enthusiasm. It'll be Roy Keane all over again.

To be fair to them though, I'd be infinitely more excited at the prospect of Giggs (i.e. young and unproven - an unknown) than any of the journeymen managers they've been linked with. At least you don't know what you're going to get.

Still, will be funny when it ultimately fails.

The problem with Giggs is the same as with any Man U leftover. Their eyes are always going to be on Old Trafford, and a dogshit club like Sunderland certainly isn't going to spark their enthusiasm. It'll be Roy Keane all over again.

Keane did a good job at Sunderland overall and I don't think enthusiasm was his problem