sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nae idea but the incompetence from the club from top to bottom is a disgrace.

Running late tonight with nee season card on me so had to actually buy a ticket as i was informed the ticket office was closed at 8PM, asked 3 stewards where the 'cash turnstiles' were located and got 2 different answers of which neither were correct, the last lad i asked said he didnt know as he had only worked here for 2 weeks.

Then found a cash turnstile and asked why it was £30 not £25 and was told that the Premier Concourse is £30, asked where the £25 turnstile was and was told there wasnt one open anymore 10 minutes after kick off.

Stupidly paid the £30 and asked if i could sit in my normal seat in the South Stand, was told i couldnt and would have to sit in the Premier Concourse.

Walked up the stairs, through some double doors and in the corporate bit, down the steps and out onto the concourse and up to my normal seat.

Half time two of the bars shut, ran out of bottled beer.

Literally do not want to go back, they are hopeless at everything.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/these-short-out-avatars.1391085/

As bad as they are, it's little shit like this that makes it all the more depressing for fans. What a two-bit operation :lol:

They literally won't protest because "that's what mags do". Is there anything more depressing, pathetic and childish as that?

Good, let them accept their fate. Wallow in it. Drown in it. I'll burst out laughing as they languish in the Champo and eventually slide down the leagues.

Half their fans are boycotting and it's resulting in disgusting atmospheres and aiding shit performances. We packed out SJP last season and won the league with fans, squad & manager together in beautiful, beautiful harmony. Great advert for support the team, not the regime  :shifty:

What have Stoke, for example, got that Sunderland don't? Particularly 8-9 years ago when Sunderland were only a year up and Stoke had just been promoted.

I'd guess Bet 365, a huge global operation which makes a lot out of football and is prepared to reinvest back into the game, principally through Stoke City.

There can't be any other reason for their enduring strong situation.

Just generally better management:

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2016/11/stoke-city-but-im-different-now.html

Stoke consistently breaking even.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2016/05/sunderland-all-cats-are-grey.html

Sunderland consistently losing money.

As the SwissRamble guy suggests, it's all about player recruitment and "quick fixes". Stoke are better at recouping money through player sales, and Sunderland have far higher amortization costs. Wages and turnover are comparable, and Sunderland's gate receipts and commercial activities actually generate more money that Stoke. Sunderland have not managed their squad well, and have also underperformed vs Stoke in the league which gives them less TV money.

They literally won't protest because "that's what mags do". Is there anything more depressing, pathetic and childish as that?

Good, let them accept their fate. Wallow in it. Drown in it. I'll burst out laughing as they languish in the Champo and eventually slide down the leagues.

Half their fans are boycotting and it's resulting in disgusting atmospheres and aiding s*** performances. We packed out SJP last season and won the league with fans, squad & manager together in beautiful, beautiful harmony. Great advert for support the team, not the regime  :shifty:

Really ? Is it not just a lot of fans and not just at Sunderland, just want to come out for the glamour games ? Not really a boycott is it ?

Half their fans are boycotting and it's resulting in disgusting atmospheres and aiding s*** performances. We packed out SJP last season and won the league with fans, squad & manager together in beautiful, beautiful harmony. Great advert for support the team, not the regime  :shifty:

Really ? Is it not just a lot of fans and not just at Sunderland, just want to come out for the glamour games ? Not really a boycott is it ?

Whey, it's not an organised one, but I know plenty who aren't giving Short their money. Fair enough like.

It's strange how 15/20k of them always boycott after they get relegated. Happened last time and the time before that as well. Some would say they're just fickle but not me.

Mackems aren't bothered about attendances any more because apparently it's not important and only something that Mags are obsessed with.

That is unless they're arguing with Middlesbrough, or any other smaller club's fans, in which case attendances become very important again and are well worthy of discussion.

The main reason St James was packed out last season was because of Rafa tbf. If we had just another uninspiring championship manager, our attendances would have (understandably) dropped.

What, like if we'd appointed someone like Chris Hughton?

The main reason St James was packed out last season was because of Rafa tbf. If we had just another uninspiring championship manager, our attendances would have (understandably) dropped.

Averaged 44k with the untested Chris Hughton as manager after the last relegation which was only a 3k drop on the year before.

Why are attendance comparisons still a thing? They must surely accept reality by now right [emoji38]

because you are forgetting the ' what we've been through' coefficient

when that is applied they still actually get bigger crowds than us.

Why are attendance comparisons still a thing? They must surely accept reality by now right [emoji38]

because you are forgetting the ' what we've been through' coefficient

when that is applied they still actually get bigger crowds than us.

Don't forget the North sea and the dead! (Canny name for a band actually "The North sea and the dead")

they have a smaller catchment area for fans because of the North Sea on one side

There was something about their fans dying too??

Some bloke on there reckoned something like 5 people in his block at the SoL had died. Ove a season or two, using that as an average,Times that by how many blocks there are and over 5 years or so could account for a drop in attendances.