sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steve Cram  :lol: :lol: :lol:  'must be wealthy'  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, Steve Cram billionaire from running around a track and minor tv and sponsorship  :lol: :lol:  do they have any idea what 'wealthy' in footballing terms in?

Like the "Reid boom" never happened. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

To be fair, they've had three top ten finishes since the Cretaceous era and monkey-heed oversaw two of them. If you have the expectations of someone on death row, that counts as a 'boom' I suppose.

funniest thread on there this morning is the Steve Cram Consortium thread :idiot2: :idiot2: ;D ;D ;D ;D

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/steve-cram-consortium.1391156/

If that happens we can at least rename the pink piggery 'The Cramatorium' as he'll basically be overseeing their death throes if Short pulls out his cash.

The link to the Darryl Murphy threads above made interesting reading, seeing how things have turned out in hindsight.

This post, more than any other, contrasts the deluded Mag obsessed type Keith S30S, blinded to his own club's dire situation by his Mag obsession and Rentaghost who could see exactly what was going on and wasn't blinded by hatred for his local rivals.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/daryl-murphy.1296416/page-4#post-24258872"]Daryl Murphy[/url]

The link to the Darryl Murphy threads above made interesting reading, seeing how things have turned out in hindsight.

This post, more than any other, contrasts the deluded Mag obsessed type Keith S30S, blinded to his own club's dire situation by his Mag obsession and Rentaghost who could see exactly what was going on and wasn't blinded by hatred for his local rivals.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/daryl-murphy.1296416/page-4#post-24258872"]Daryl Murphy[/url]

Great read - that Keith fella has to be up near the top of the Bitter League!

Great read - that Keith fella has to be up near the top of the Bitter League!

Aye, but Janey is the Celtic of their Bitter League and will have it wrapped up by Christmas  :lol:

If one line resonates today, it has to be this one written in irony by someone who could see what was coming:-

"Still we can laugh at them though - they did after all sign Murphy" - rentaghost, Nov 13, 2016

:lol: :lol:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/how-did-you-react-when-murphy-scored.1391097/page-1

Some of the posts on there are quite amusing.

I particularly enjoyed:

I put my right hand on my chin, recollected the threads on here ripping the piss out of NUFC when he signed, then moved my head up and down making short 'mmmm' sounds...almost like a top dollar American shrink listening to another fucked up patient.

Then I waited until the Mrs went to bed, and ripped my skeleton out.

Ah man, I'm about to go into a proper formal meeting situation and have read this whilst waiting. Gonna burst out laughing now.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/how-did-you-react-when-murphy-scored.1391097/page-1

I particularly enjoyed:

I put my right hand on my chin, recollected the threads on here ripping the piss out of NUFC when he signed, then moved my head up and down making short 'mmmm' sounds...almost like a top dollar American shrink listening to another fucked up patient.

Ah man, I'm about to go into a proper formal meeting situation and have read this whilst waiting. Gonna burst out laughing now.

That really is a top post. The American shrink bit is brilliant  :lol:

I particularly enjoyed:

I put my right hand on my chin, recollected the threads on here ripping the p*ss out of NUFC when he signed, then moved my head up and down making short 'mmmm' sounds...almost like a top dollar American shrink listening to another f***ed up patient.

That really is a top post. The American shrink bit is brilliant  :lol:

Cheers.

RTG is glorious today

I love their Hypocritical nature... Short is the Devil for destroying the club by not investing in the club any more and refusing to pump any more money into the bottomless pit of a business. (by the way... how is it that "Invest" really means piss your money into a hole). 

But would the Free Ticket Mackems truly invest their own money in their club?

I wouldn't invest a penny into ANY football club and definitely not SAFC.  It's throwing ££ away

This. Football club ownership is a rich man's hobby. Don't ever expect to get any return on your investment.

But what would they do if they ever did buy out Short?

We cut our cloth accordingly.

Umm, Isn't that what Short is now doing.  Not spending what they don't have.

Good times on RTG... Good Times  :iamatwat:

Hasn't Short being pumping his own money into thr club over the past 4 or 5 years just to make up the shortfall in their finances after wages etc?

If he didn't they'd have gone tits up.

Fairly certain that's how the outside see Ashley & NUFC so not going to criticise Sunderland fans if they're not happy with their owner's ambition, motives, etc.

Hasn't Short being pumping his own money into thr club over the past 4 or 5 years just to make up the shortfall in their finances after wages etc?

Fairly certain that's how the outside see Ashley & NUFC so not going to criticise Sunderland fans if they're not happy with their owner's ambition, motives, etc.

Totally different. Newcastle are a huge club capable of generating large revenues meaning that Ashley can, and is making money out of the club. Short needs to pump in £30m of his own money every year just to keep sunderland afloat.

Aye, because how outsiders see the club matters more than actual reality. Short has invested vast sums of his own money into Sunderland. Ashley has not and is using the club as his personal free advertising space.

My dad has  a Sunderland season ticket, he reckons they have even taken the salt and pepper away from the catering concessions they are so skint. Apparently the free coffee machines have gone from the training ground as well.

My dad has  a Sunderland season ticket, he reckons they have even taken the salt and pepper away from the catering concessions they are so skint. Apparently the free coffee machines have gone from the training ground as well.

[emoji38] Ashley levels right there. Remember when he cut the bait for reporters.

What have Stoke, for example, got that Sunderland don't? Particularly 8-9 years ago when Sunderland were only a year up and Stoke had just been promoted.

I'd guess Bet 365, a huge global operation which makes a lot out of football and is prepared to reinvest back into the game, principally through Stoke City.

There can't be any other reason for their enduring strong situation.

What have Stoke, for example, got that Sunderland don't? Particularly 8-9 years ago when Sunderland were only a year up and Stoke had just been promoted.

I'd guess Bet 365, a huge global operation which makes a lot out of football and is prepared to reinvest back into the game, principally through Stoke City.

There can't be any other reason for their enduring strong situation.

The biggest single reason why Stoke have endured, is stability, during their entire PL life they've had two manager's and both like them or not are adept at working with smallish budgets and surviving comfortably in the big league. They've been perfect appointments for the club, Hughes has tried to add a bit of quality to the graft they already had, and they seem to have a pretty well balanced squad, which has not cost a great fortune to build. They've spent sensibly within their means.

The difference between Stoke and the mackems is that the mackems have overspent by tens of millions each year.

Stoke have bought and sold well, whilst also charging people to go to their games rather than giving away an extortionate amount of tickets each game.

One is run by fairly intelligent folk, the other has been run into the ground.

That's pretty much it. Stability, gradual improvement, then used the TV money, etc. wisely.

Short has been as short-term (no pun intended) as they come, spent millions on paying off poor manager to replace them with poor manager after poor manager, and did go a spell where he spent relatively big (around the Bruce/O'Neill reigns I'm thinking), and had a top 10 wage bill when they were fighting survival every year. Can see exactly why they don't like him.