Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Rangers want absolutely nothing to do with the cunt. It's a legal battle over money, Ashley has no future there.

Aye, he owns, what, 9%, and the SFA won't allow to him to take up any more. He's finished there, other than having his fat paws on the merchandising.

This club is a delinquent teenager beyond saving after a decade of neglectful parenting. He's the world's best stepdad but we're too far gone. Nothing he can do now. We're about to end up in jail for a long time, I think. Deservedly so.

i hope Rafa just burns the place down. I hope he calls players out by name in public & shames them with scathingly accurate criticism like Simon Cowell just saw them sing! I want him to use every bit of influence he has throughout football to ruin all their careers-- the football version of Hollywood's, "you'll never work in this town again!"  :tickedoff:

...and then i hope he stays & rebuilds us...  :'(

Wullie, take your point. But the team he was managing went from almost certain relegation to survivors somehow. A transformation took place. To continue the debate - have you seen anything since RB came in that you like so far?

I've said many times this year that I think the team/club is irreparably broken under Ashley, and it has been that way since Pardew was here, which is why I hold no ill will towards McClaren. Don't think Rafa knew what he was walking into.

I'm not sure there was that much transformation where Leicester were concerned. It was a running joke for a while that they were playing consistently well but not getting results, then they went on a run of a few games where they did get them. It's worlds apart from this sorry bunch - they've been total s*** since 2012, even when they were a completely different group of players - hence my view that the whole thing is f***ed.

I said in midweek that Rafa is on a hiding to nothing as far as selection goes. I disagree with a few of the selections he's made, leaving Mitrovic out last week for example, but today Mitrovic offered nothing at all. Taylor shouldn't be playing, but Lascelles is hardly proven quality and has made his share of cock-ups in his short career here. Whoever he picks from the entire squad is ultimately going to be s**** and we all know it.

I've said many times this year that I think the team/club is irreparably broken under Ashley, and it has been that way since Pardew was here,

Think this is a very good point,  you just need to look at the club as a whole from the first team down to the under 18 , they all get well beat most weeks...

The problem being he's going up against football teams.

Players that, broadly, want to be in each others company. Want to compete. Want to be there. Whereever there is.

Over 80% of our cunts have been sold NUFC using their ability to earn more money at other employers than here ffs.

We're morally bankrupt, culturally incurable under MA.

You can't turn around behaviours overnight.

There is absolutely no coincidence that a team containing Sissoko, Gini, Janmaat, Cisse, Tiote etc is going down. They're all self-centred shites, interested only in number one.

Fuck the lot of them and the poisonous atmosphere created by the fat cunt.

I heard all of this the last time we went down and then we won promotion in a canter. So did Sunderland when they were last relegated. Ashley will do all that it takes to protect his brand. He might not spend his own money but as a club we'll have more to spend than any other in that league.

We had characters last time. We won't win the league this time. You can take that to the bank.

This characters thing is seriously overstated like. You can buy championship level character pretty easily imo.

We all know that he is probably going to be going at the end of the season but I wish he'd just come out and say one way or the other because if his intention is to stay and complete his 'long term' project then we can all calm the fuck down.

We all know that he is probably going to be going at the end of the season but I wish he'd just come out and say one way or the other because if his intention is to stay and complete his 'long term' project then we can all calm the fuck down.

It's not entirely his decision though, that's the point.

It's not entirely his decision though, that's the point.

I'd imagine he is still intent on keeping us up this year, he's a winner and not even contemplating relegation yet. If/when that's confirmed he MAY make his intentions clear. It would  be funny to watch Charney et al squirm if he did have intentions of staying.

Judging by his comments, wouldn't be surprised to see 4-4-2 on Saturday.

Something that most of us were suggesting we should have done against Norwich and yesterday. I think he's a top manager but he didn't seem to twig that we just don't have the players to operate in the formations he's used at his former clubs.

That's the problem with bringing in a manager mid-season, it's taking him a while to see what we've known for ages. Even if that's it for Anita and Taylor, or he's brave enough to drop Wijnaldum, it's probably too late.

Guest chopey

Our only hope is when Ashley gives his speach to sky before the final game against spurs instead of saying he will leave full control to charnley he gives it to rafa, a total change from top to bottom just like Wenger at arsenal, I think that could convince him to stay, he said he wanted a project !!

:lol: When has Nigel Pearson ever transformed a team?

His Leicester side were bottom for about 33 weeks then won a few games and stayed up. Bryan Robson did that at West Brom. I don't know where this idea, now apparently accepted wisdom, has come from that he's some sort of expert at coming in and saving teams from relegation. The BBC are absolutely obsessed with the maniac and how good he apparently is at that. He's got less experience in doing that than Tim Sherwood and Paulo di Canio.

Yeah.  I don't understand this, either. 

On Saturday.  I was getting told that Rafa wouldn't get us out the Championship.  Because of how he sets his teams up.  We would be better off going for someone like Nigel Pearson, as he'd get us promoted, no bother.  Some of the people saying this, are Liverpool fans, and all.

Seems like a load of bollocks, IMO. 

Guest firetotheworks

I think we're just going to have to accept that a lot of people who watch football and work in football are simply infuriatingly thick and there's nothing that we can do about it.

On Saturday.  I was getting told that Rafa wouldn't get us out the Championship.  Because of how he sets his teams up.  We would be better off going for someone like Nigel Pearson, as he'd get us promoted, no bother.  Some of the people saying this, are Liverpool fans, and all.

:lol: There is a kernel of something in there. Rafa could destroy Barca or Real Madrid in detail, but he never got the hang of playing against Bolton…

:lol: There is a kernel of something in there. Rafa could destroy Barca or Real Madrid in detail, but he never got the hang of playing against Bolton…

I could kind of see their angle with what they were saying about Benitez.  Even though I didn't 100% agree.  But to say we'd be better off with Nigel Pearson, is a load of bollocks.  It's a lazy comment and it is a crock of s***, perpetuated by those in the media and on Sky.  It gets repeated enough and then people start to believe it.  Based on absolutely nothing, other than what a few pundits and journalists, have parroted. 

You can't really blame the punters for expressing stupid views when you have pundits like Paul Merson and Robbie Savage being paid to express their horrific views on television.

When did Nigel Pearson suddenly gain this reputation of guaranteeing survival or promotion that he is now touted for every job going?  He has been promoted once and narrowly escaped relegation once.

He struggled for most of last season, was sacked and then re-instated, behaved appallingly in press conferences and wrestled with opposition players but somehow managed to get it together for the last few games.  It can only be because he is English because he certainly doesn't court the media.

I don't think Pearson is the right fit for us.  I just hope that the fact that he has already worked here would mean that the club would realise that.

Why can only a "Championship" manager manage in the Championship?  Karanka has done OK at Boro and no doubt there are plenty of other examples.  An established "Championship" manager would probably struggle if we were promoted.  We need a manager who is best suited to Newcastle United.

When did Nigel Pearson suddenly gain this reputation of guaranteeing survival or promotion that he is now touted for every job going?  He has been promoted once and narrowly escaped relegation once.

He struggled for most of last season, was sacked and then re-instated, behaved appallingly in press conferences and wrestled with opposition players but somehow managed to get it together for the last few games.  It can only be because he is English because he certainly doesn't court the media.

I don't think Pearson is the right fit for us.  I just hope that the fact that he has already worked here would mean that the club would realise that.

Why can only a "Championship" manager manage in the Championship?  Karanka has done OK at Boro and no doubt there are plenty of other examples.  An established "Championship" manager would probably struggle if we were promoted.  We need a manager who is best suited to Newcastle United.

Last season he nearly relegated the Champions.

I went a Times online chat with Rory Smith (who wrote a book with Benitez on winning the CL) and asked what was going on:  His reply was:

"It's a mix of things, from what I can tell. They're apparently training really well, really keen and enthusiastic and determined, but then it gets to match-day and they just...melt. That's what he meant by anxiety: they get so overcome with the situation that they forget what they've been told, which is the whole point of training. Then there is the imbalance in the squad, a few issues with some players' fitness...but what's stood out to me is how bad some of the players are. Watch them. Even the players you think are quite good - Sissoko is the one that got me - are really bad. I worry about them now. I'm surprised he hasn't got at least a couple more points, but I suspect the problems were more complex than he realised."